B

HAF F-22A What-If

Started by Brutalos, June 19, 2006, 12:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick H

Welcome aboard Brutalos, and what an entry you've made, absolutely fantastic Raptor.

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Son of Damian

Holy F@#$%^g Sh*t, that is one Kick donkey Raptor!!!  B)  :wub:  B)  :wub:  B)  
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

BobbyK

:o HOLY C%$P!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is amazing work!!!!  Welcome aboard, and PLEASE show us more of your goodies.
    Did you paint that camo pattern freehanded with an airbrush??  What colors did you use....it looks right at home with the Greek markings.

Brutalos

Haha! You made me laugh with those awesome comments :lol:  :lol:  :wub:  :D  :D .

Now for the questions of BobbyK, yes the camouflage is painted freehand with a double action airbrush  B) . The colours that was used where in total approximation as follows (since i didn't had the enlightment to keep a log of mixes percentage (%) when i made 'em) :

FS 36307 , LIFECOLOR - UA 113 , with GUNZE mixes using the : H-334 & Η-337 in 5/1 proportion.
FS 36251 , LIFECOLOR - UA 034 , with GUNZE i used exclusively the Η-337 with some addition of mat white H-11.
FS 35237 , LIFECOLOR - UA 145 , with GUNZE (now thats one picky b@st@rd) it can be done with H-42 & Η-25 & H-11 & H-308 in 3 / 1 / 3 / 2 proportion.
The deep blue tone is almost identical to the one used on the Hellenic Mirage-2000's. It comes from a mix using the Η-42 & Η-308 in 3/1 proportion.
The lifecolor codes are being given because i took those as a reference to make the first three. They did helped me alot to achieve the colour tones that i needed.

I hope this helps more than confuses!!  :unsure:  :unsure:  B)  :P . Ohhh, and by the way, here you are, three more pics to try and ease your apetite for more :D.

Sisko

That is one damned impressive display of freehand airbrushing!!!!!! :wub:

The F22 looks awesome. I've got the italeri F22 I think that I willl have to go and chase up those detail sets.

Welcome aboard!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Ollie

AMAZING!!

:o  :o  :o  :o  

Ian the Kiwi Herder

What a debut !

The guys have covered just about all I could say.... so, simply, welcome along, I for one am looking forward to your next model - What If or Real....  :cheers:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

AMAZING!!

STUNNING!!!

FANTASTIC!!!

10/10, go to the top of the class  B)

Is there a thread on ARC?  I'm sure their resident F-22 drivers would like it  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

That does it----I'm packing up the modelling tools, etc. and goin' HOME!   :P

This is way too good.   :o

Ridiculously good.  I mean, I've heard about models this good but thought they were mythical, like King Arthur, life without taxes, lesbians without chest-hair...

This is so over the top.  How does anyone get to this degree of excellence?

Inspiring but a little scary too.  Time to add a new folder to my collection of What If Artwork.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

Holy Mackerel.  That is just plane stunning, a real fantastic job.
   :cheers:  greg

Brutalos

Thank you for your kind replies! See you soon with the next project  ;) .

Brutalos

Between September 28th and October 1st we had our annual IPMS modelling contest. I went there with my What-If Raptor.... and here are the results!! Gold medal in the What-If category! It sure gave me strength to continue the ongoing projects. Thank you all again for your kind words some months ago. I also found out that almost everybody liked the Raptor in its What-If camouflage much better that the dull two tone grey one ;).

Radish

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Very well deserved too :D  :D  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

upnorth

Absolutely stunning!

I don't care much for the Raptor in reality, but your rendition of it here is great.

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

nev

Congratulations, and thoroughly deserved :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May