New kit due out soonish

Started by Martin H, June 22, 2006, 02:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Well we scored big time getting the TSR-2 from Airfix.

Well its happening again, but on a smaller scale.

Freightdog home page

A resin Saro SR-177. From Freightdog, Colin, the owner of Freightdog is a sig member, and has decided to take the plunge into kits as well as his more normal lines of decals/transfers.
He has hired Anigrand to do the tooling and casting, so it should be a cracking kit. And he has hired Fantasy print shop of Truo down in Cornwal to do the five option decal sheet. Niow thats were we came in, Myself, Thor and a few others have had some imput for posible options, but in the end thats down to colins choice.

He hopes to have the first batch ready for telford, so start saveing boys.

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Bluesteel

Excellent! I'll definitely add an SR-177 to my buy-as-soon-as-available list!

If Anigrand are tooling and casting it'll be very good indeed. I'm just building their Republic Thunderscreech, which is excellent. I've also asked Anigrand if there may be any chance of a Short Sperrin in the future... :D

A Cornish decal producer eh? I wonder if they could help me with my little project:

The Cornish Stannary Air Force Draken.

I need a Cornish Chough Decal for the tail! :)

Bluesteel  

MartG

QuoteA resin Saro SR-177.

Ooh, yes please ! :D

Bluesteel - is that CAF for Cornish AF, or should it be KAF for Kernow AF ?
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Bluesteel

QuoteA resin Saro SR-177.

Ooh, yes please ! :D

Bluesteel - is that CAF for Cornish AF, or should it be KAF for Kernow AF ?
It has to be CAF for the moment. If I used the word 'Kernow' I'd have to find out what Cornish for Air and Force is. I've had a look but it's not easy to find. Unless any Cornish speaking What-Ifers can oblige...?

It could even be STAF = Squire Trelawny's Air Force (although I think he was a Bishop and not a Squire..)

Bluesteel

Martin H

Hang on whats this about a cornish airforce?  just cause the decals for the upcomeing kit are being made in Truro doesnt mean u can hijack my bleedin thread now op it and make your own lol

Anyway, heres a link for an article on how the project may have proceded.
The SR 177 story
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Bluesteel

QuoteHang on whats this about a cornish airforce?  just cause the decals for the upcomeing kit are being made in Truro doesnt mean u can hijack my bleedin thread now op it and make your own lol
It's alright, only a minor detour off thread as, if I can get hold of a couple, I'm bound to do an SR-177 in a Cornish scheme.

There, back on SR-177 track again :)

Bluesteel

MartG

....suitably re-engined with a Trevithick Turbofan ^_^  

Freightdog862

Hello Martin (and others). Thanks for the SIG input on decals,  still trying to make sense of it all (just don't have enough room, and you didn't mention the Cornish Airforce option!!).
Latest from Hong Kong today if that masters are progressing well.
As for the Short Sperrin, that would be one BIG lump of resin!!
Thanks
Colin, Freightdog Models

The Rat

QuoteIt has to be CAF for the moment. If I used the word 'Kernow' I'd have to find out what Cornish for Air and Force is. I've had a look but it's not easy to find. Unless any Cornish speaking What-Ifers can oblige...?
Why not ask the good folks over at Agan Tavas, Our Language, The Society for the Promotion of the Cornish language?  ;)
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

XV107

Sorry to hijack a little more, but Cornish Air Force...

For reasons lost in the midsts of time and the depths of Greene King IPA, someone of my acquaintance enquired of another acquaintance who had a very, very basic understanding of Cornish what, indeed, the Cornish for 'Cornish Air Force' might be. Why did he want to know? I have absolutely no idea (I was at the bar at the time the question was asked). But anwyay.

He came up with:

Kerno Ayrennow Gonysegeth, which translated (if it is proper Cornish in the first place) as 'Cornwall Aeroplanes Service'. Then, after more thought and more beer, he thought that the word order was wrong (based on the order in Cornish for 'English-Cornish Dictionary'), and promptly came up with:

Lu Ayr Kernowek , or perhaps Ayr Lu Kernowek (which [very, very, very] roughly translates as 'Cornish Air Fleet']. Or maybe, he ventured, Ayr Gonysegeth Kernowek.

At this point, we bought him another pint  to stop him banging on in a language that only he had a basic knowledge of, unaware that working out the correct translation of Cornish Air Force would in fact be of use in the future. I carefully parted him from the notebook he'd been scribbling this down on (mine). Since it also had PRO references on it, I still have said note book. I have no idea if the spelling above is right, though...

Sorry about that, Martin - I know someone who'll probably want to try to buy half of the production run, so will refer him to the link...

MartG

Colin - any idea on pricing yet ?

Hobbes

A new tool SR.177? Woo hoo! I've got the old vacform lying around, but a resin one (especially when Anigrand is involved) would be a treat.

As for decal options: the UK (RAF, RN) and Germany are the most obvious, but IMO any country that ended up with the F-104 would be fair game.

Freightdog862

MartG,
Hopefully around £35.00 in line with simular sized kit from Anigrand. Depending on interest I may release a version without decals, which might drop the price down to £30 but can't promise...  
Colin  

Gekko_1

It'll be nice to see that kit eventuate.

In the mean time here's what one may have looked like?

Not sure if I got the side profile right? :unsure:

I'll do a few more if anybody's interested?

:cheers:

Richard

nev

QuoteI'll do a few more if anybody's interested?
Um, yes?

And what would have been its in-service name?  Always thought it looked like a Puffin.  Not very macho I know, but...
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May