New kit due out soonish

Started by Martin H, June 22, 2006, 02:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Good to know Mike is happy with the squadrons Colin. Or as thor refers to him "The Mentor".

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Geoff_B

Initial Masters Pic from Colin...

P177R master's so far. Still needs work on the nose and tail (drawing missinterpreted, so looks like a cross between the RN/RAF versions, easily fixed). Also Ejection seat is wrong type, MB Mk4 will be supplied in production kit.

MartG

Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hobbes

Wow, those masters do look good!
One area where this kit is different (and better) from the Maintrack vacform (which I'm currently building) is the main gear: on the Maintrack kit, only one of the two gear doors per side is moulded separately.
About the main gear legs: I'd expect some sort of diagonal brace in addition to the upright. Can't find this in any photo or drawing though.
And I can't see on the photo if the refueling probe is present?  

lancer

Oh those test shots do look the business.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Freightdog862

QuoteWow, those masters do look good!
One area where this kit is different (and better) from the Maintrack vacform (which I'm currently building) is the main gear: on the Maintrack kit, only one of the two gear doors per side is moulded separately.
About the main gear legs: I'd expect some sort of diagonal brace in addition to the upright. Can't find this in any photo or drawing though.
And I can't see on the photo if the refueling probe is present?
Glad you like them, I thought the same when I saw them!
On the three sets of drawings I have, plus a SARO artists 'in service' impression, the gear legs don't have any bracing.
The refueling probe is present but has been represented as an engraved panel, this will be changed to a raised panel as it appears on my drawings.  
I don't have the Maintrack kit, but I would be interested to know how they have represented the tail pipe for the RAF version.  Most images/drawings represent the Navy version, can you take a photo of the tail pipe and email to me? I think my master is wrong at the moment.
If anyone else has a unmade copy of the Maintrack kit, I love to borrow one and would be happy to pay postage etc.
Thanks, Colin

Hobbes

Sure, I'll arrange some photos, and a scan of the instruction sheet, this week. The instruction sheet contains a 5-view drawing by Barrie Hygate. The same drawing can probably be found in his book 'British experimental jet aircraft'.
The model represents the RAF version, with the instruction sheet showing how to modify it for the RN version.  

I just started mine, btw. I separated all the pieces, and sanded down some of them. I haven't done any glueing yet, and haven't modified any of the parts. If you can't find an unbuilt kit, you can borrow mine.  

Gekko_1

QuoteSure, I'll arrange some photos, and a scan of the instruction sheet, this week. The instruction sheet contains a 5-view drawing by Barrie Hygate. The same drawing can probably be found in his book 'British experimental jet aircraft'.
The model represents the RAF version, with the instruction sheet showing how to modify it for the RN version. 

I just started mine, btw. I separated all the pieces, and sanded down some of them. I haven't done any glueing yet, and haven't modified any of the parts. If you can't find an unbuilt kit, you can borrow mine.
Hobbes, can I please have a scan of the 5-view drawing too?

:cheers:

Richard.

Freightdog862

QuoteSure, I'll arrange some photos, and a scan of the instruction sheet, this week. The instruction sheet contains a 5-view drawing by Barrie Hygate. The same drawing can probably be found in his book 'British experimental jet aircraft'.
Thanks for the offer, I do have a copy of Barry Hygates book, but in the 5 view drawing 4 of them refer to the naval version! Look forward to pictures of the cut out parts to see how Maintrack did it, Geoff has kindly offer to loan my his unstarted kit but it will be good to see the fuselage parts cut out also.
Colin

seavixen

Stackridge: Rhubarb Thrashers of the World Unite

MartG

Thanks for the offer, I do have a copy of Barry Hygates book, but in the 5 view drawing 4 of them refer to the naval version! Look forward to pictures of the cut out parts to see how Maintrack did it, Geoff has kindly offer to loan my his unstarted kit but it will be good to see the fuselage parts cut out also.
Colin
A few years ago I borrowed a book ( published by Putnam, history of Saunders Roe ) which included a chapter on the SR53 and 177 - and I still have scans of the relevant pages. If you want copies just PM me with your e-mail address.
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

NARSES2

Well it gets two mentions in this months SAM

One in the News section and another in the UK Air Arm pages, plus colour side view as the header  :rolleyes:

Just shows that we are now treated as a "serious" side of the hobby in the UK at least
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

yeah u couldnt help but notice it...but couldnt they be a bit more original with the side view....another bloody Lihghtning squadron for pete sake!....treble one to be presice.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Hobbes

(slaps forehead) Damn, completely forgot about this. Work has been hectic these past few weeks. I'll try and get something sorted this week.