New kit due out soonish

Started by Martin H, June 22, 2006, 02:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

I've made some photos of the parts in the Maintrack kit, and scans of the instructions for that kit including the Barrie Hygate 5-view drawing. If anyone wants them, mail me.  

Gekko_1

QuoteSure, I'll arrange some photos, and a scan of the instruction sheet, this week. The instruction sheet contains a 5-view drawing by Barrie Hygate. The same drawing can probably be found in his book 'British experimental jet aircraft'.
The model represents the RAF version, with the instruction sheet showing how to modify it for the RN version. 

I just started mine, btw. I separated all the pieces, and sanded down some of them. I haven't done any glueing yet, and haven't modified any of the parts. If you can't find an unbuilt kit, you can borrow mine.
Hobbes, can I please have a scan of the 5-view drawing too?

:cheers:

Richard.
Thanks Hobbes,

just downloaded them, MUCH appreciated!

Now all I have to do is modify my files and start doing some more profiles, but I've got to move house soon  :angry: so it may be a while.

Richard.

Freightdog862

Hello,
Just a quick note to say my P177R project is still on track, Anigrand are still aking a couple of minor changes to the masters at my request.
I had hoped to have ready for late September, date will probably slip but I still  hope to have set of finished resin components on display at the IPMS Coventry show on the 24th.
Anymore progress will be passed on as and when.
Thanks, Colin
Freightdog Models  

Geoff_B

Look forward to seeing them Colin.

Also notice you announced the Naval version on your website over the weekend  :D .

G

NARSES2

Look forward to seeing them at Coventry - think I'll be getting one of each  :wub:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Freightdog862

Also notice you announced the Naval version on your website over the weekend 
Yes, I'll come clean, there are two kits!!  Decals are only thing really holding me up (why didn't I just use ALPS ones......)
Colin

Gekko_1

QuoteCoz ALPS ones are poo-poo (with an english accent)?  Horribly dot matrixy and never look right...
You've obviously never seen one of my (Gekko Graphics) Alps printed decal sheets! :P

No dot matrix and a great alternative to very expensive screen printed decals, especially for one-off and short run stuff. :D

Only draw back is one cannot do pale colours or greys :(

Richard.

Freightdog862

Decal options for P177R are now confirmed! They are:

222 sqn (natural metal)
112 sqn (RAFG grey/green/silver with Kittyhawk style sharks teeth)
56 sqn (natural metal Firebirds display team)  
1st Prototype (XL905 white overall)
RAF target drone (like Sea Vixen in red/yellow)

I opted for 222/112 sqn Bloodhound units at suggestion of the What-If SIG/forum, 56 sqn for commercial reasons (colourful and well known), prototype for the what-if modellers who like subjects to be factually based, and the target drone well, because I like red and yellow airplanes!!

Hope you approve. Release date hopefully mid/late October,  still planning to have a finished resin sample on show at Midland Air Museum show end of September.

Hope you approve, P117N options to follow.....

Colin - Freightdog Models

Martin H

Colin was good enought to show me the navy options at the brampton show, and i think u guys will like em
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

rallymodeller

QuoteCoz ALPS ones are poo-poo (with an english accent)?  Horribly dot matrixy and never look right...
Got a few ALPS decal sheets right here. Guess it's who they come from. JBOT does a bang-up job.  
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Freightdog862

Sample batch of a dozen kits are onroute from Hong Kong today, I should get on monday, so all on track to show castings (minus decals) at Coventry on 24th Sept (I'm quite excited now!)
Colin - Freightdog Models

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitnut617

Hi,

Are these all pre-ordered ?, how do I order one for myself?

:cheers: Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Geoff_B

QuoteHi,

Are these all pre-ordered ?, how do I order one for myself?

:cheers: Robert
Rob

That initial batch is a test run so i doubt we will see any of them except as build reviews in the model mags or as examples on Colins tables at shows. AFAIK Colin is still awaiting the decals to be produced and those should coincidewith the proper delivery next month i hope.

To order just visit the Freightdog website:-

Freightdog models

Cheers

G

(Ok Colin whats kit #03 going to be ?)