New kit due out soonish

Started by Martin H, June 22, 2006, 02:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freightdog862

Hello Geoff,
Spot on, if postman delivers on time I'll be spending some late nights this week with the superglue to get one assembled kit as well as the parts to show at Coventry.
Kit #3? Due to some unexpected space on the decal artwork that will be an export version, including Germany, Japan and maybe some others space permitting.
Colin

kitnut617

QuoteHi,

Are these all pre-ordered ?, how do I order one for myself?

:cheers: Robert
Rob

That initial batch is a test run so i doubt we will see any of them except as build reviews in the model mags or as examples on Colins tables at shows. AFAIK Colin is still awaiting the decals to be produced and those should coincidewith the proper delivery next month i hope.

To order just visit the Freightdog website:-

Freightdog models

Cheers

G

(Ok Colin whats kit #03 going to be ?)
Thanks Geoff,

Colin contacted me and I've asked him to save one for me too.  It will go nicely with my TSR-2 and the earlier SR-53.

On the same line I'm really pleased that some of these very obscure aircraft are coming to light as models.  After reading Tony Buttler's books, B.S.P. and Project Cancelled,  I had wanted to build a number of them but if this trend continues maybe all I have to do is wait :rolleyes:

:cheers: Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Freightdog862

Samples have arrived, and they look great!  Starting sticking resin (and fingers) this evening, fits like a dream if I say so myself.... I look forward to showing my glue and skin covered P177R at Coventry this weekend!
Colin - Freightdog Models

NARSES2

Will she be at Coventry Colin ?

If the casting is anything like Arnold's most recent stuff it will be very good indeed.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Freightdog862

QuoteWill she be at Coventry Colin ?

If the casting is anything like Arnold's most recent stuff it will be very good indeed.

Chris
Yes, I've nearly finished building one up unpainted (to show no filler needed except superglue), and will have one unbuilt also on display. The casting is very good, some minor bubbles but very fine panel lines.    
Colin  

Hobbes

Looking forward to seenig the kit at Coventry.  

Freightdog862

I've just posted a photo of the built up kit on my website, on the freightdog models page, for those not going to Coventry...
Colin

Madoc

Colin,

So there will be a P177R at Coventry.  Good.  Coventry. That's in England, right?  That's in the UK?  Right next to Europe?  Yeah, okay, that place.  Got it.  Good.

So... when is this kit gonna be in my hot little hands here in San Diego, California,[span style=\'font-size:21pt;line-height:100%\']USA??!!![/span]

Well??  The world wonders!

;)

Madoc
Wherever you go, there you are!

Geoff_B

Madoc

The preview is at Coventry but the production kits and the decals for them are currently being produced so i expect the kit will be Officially available about mid November to co-inside with SMW at Telford.

I am quite sure that Colin will notify the forum when kits are officially avialble and ready for ordering, i would guess that Colin is awaiting receipt of kit and the decals before posting the pricing details on his site and taking orders for it just incase there are any delays.

Cheers

G

Freightdog862

Hello,
If you want to see a painted up SR177 see here:

SR177 by Chris Tyler

This was built by a friend of mine (his first 'whatif), I gave him the kit and told him to use his imagination,  the back story is.....

XL925 was the last of 9 prototype SR.177s. Although built to RAF
specification it was loaned to the Royal Navy Test Squadron to
evaluate the overwater performance of the radar and Red Top missile
combination as it had production standard wiring fitted. The aircraft
was based at RNAS Brawdy during 1961for easy access to the nearby
Aberporth range.

Don't be fooled by the colours, its the RAF version. This will be on my table at Telford for a closer look.
I also have the spotlight feature in the next ediction of SAMI, due out next week, and a plug in the next SAM from Mike McEvoy.
Thanks Colin

MartG

Oh, Oh, OH, YES, YES, YES !!!!

sorry...... :unsure:  
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

There's a review of the test shot in this months SAMI.  Looks resplendent in 111 sqdn colours  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

theres a pic of the review sample that SAM got in the november issue. in 92 sqn marks.

edit.  One of two built by Mike McEvoy
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Freightdog862

Here's a preview of some decal options, only one is a Lightning squadron ! -

Three of the six included...
Colin