New kit due out soonish

Started by Martin H, June 22, 2006, 02:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

ohhh very nice
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Freightdog862

And for Navy fans.....

Sorry that one won't be ready for Telford....
Colin

Geoff_B

Looking good there Colin whats the pale Blue navy bird BTW ?

NARSES2

Looking very good Colin, and the reviews are excellent

The shark mouth version reminds me of a Hollywood cartoon character, but for life of me I can't remember which one ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Freightdog862

QuoteLooking good there Colin whats the pale Blue navy bird BTW ?
Hello Geoff,
Its based on a Scimitar in same colours used briefly by the RAE High Speed Flight. Serial is the Navy Prototype XL923, without radar (so blue nose cone). Likewise the FRADU version is based on a Sea Vixen that flew in those colours.
Colin

Martin H

a few pics of my example as she now is.

A very nice kit to build, gotta be one of the best (if not the best) resin kit ive built. very little filler and the detail is second to none. A fantastic effort on Colins part.

Shes marked up as a 112sqn RAF bird, the decals came from the spares box.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

nev

Super!  Do we have an RRP for this baby yet?  Gunna be hard to resist picking one up at Telford...
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Freightdog862

Thanks for the kind words Martin, looks great. I hope sales are good enough to fund project number 2!!! (subject of which is as yet undecided).
Colin

NARSES2

Fairey FD III  :wub: please oh please ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GeorgeC

Geoff_B

QuoteQuick bid for the P1154!
We may hear news about an 1154 at Telford if we can find the right people to talk too  ;).

As for the FD-III you know who to talk to about one of them, it has been promissed for Telford  but.........

Freightdog862

Have a look at Modelingmadness.com tomorrow, the SR177 kit is featured built by Scott Vanaken, a nice job using 85 sqn markings. Hope you like it, I've seen a sneak preview and he's done a pretty good build job !
Colin

Mossie

I saw the preview build in SAMI of you test shot, the reviewer fell over himself about.  Good job Colin!

The Modelling Madness review isn't up at this moment, but I'll be clicking on the link every other minute looking for it!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Deino

QuoteFairey FD III  :wub: please oh please ?
.... PLEASE a Delta III[/size] !!!!

Deino  :wub:  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945