Boeing B-3 Manta

Started by Archibald, June 29, 2006, 01:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

In 2030, after Gulf War VI, the last B-1 were withdrawn from service... in fact they have been slaughtered by Saudis MiG 7.01 armed with KS-172 AAM.

So a new bomber was on the way, the Boeing Manta. Powered by turboramjets, it could fly at mach 4 but was nevertheless stealth, thanks to the plasma technology...

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

gooberliberation

Hypersonically delicious B)  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

The Rat

Suhweeeeeet!

Something tells me that I should recognize that shape, what did you use for the fuselage?  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Tophe

UAV? (pilotless?)
So unusual... congratulations for your imagination and skills to turn it plastic... ^_^  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Archibald

Merci!!
QuoteSomething tells me that I should recognize that shape, what did you use for the fuselage?
I used... Heller 1/72 scale Concorde support!! The base of the huge support you can use instead of the undercarriage...
It was black, had a nice shape, so I thought "this look like a stealth bomber..."
You can see the thing on this photo...
Some cardboard and loctite glue once again. Wings come from a F-16, twin tails are Mirage F-1 wings (left by the Breguet Sirocco, once again!) undercarriage from a Mirage IV.
I don't know if it is a UAV or not, but I admit there's no canopy...
well maybe there's some synthetic vision for the crew... when you fly at mach-4, it's hard having windows :)  
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Archibald

Better pictures of the beast...

lancer

Very nice Archie. That's a hell of an imagination you have there mom ami.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Archibald

QuoteVery nice Archie. That's a hell of an imagination you have there mom ami.
Merci!!

Brian da Basher

Wow Archie you've got quite a factory going there. What a sleek looking bird you've built! Next to productive guys like you and Comrade Anatoly, I feel lazy.

Brian da Basher

The Rat

QuoteI used... Heller 1/72 scale Concorde support!!
Aha! Yep, we discussed such a thing a while back, about making science fiction stuff out of stands and other things. I did one back in the seventies, I'll have to drag it out someday.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Archibald

Drag it out, I want to see that!
QuoteComrade Anatoly
who is Comrade Anatoly? The factory is still running! This morning I send Heller a letter asking them Aeronavale decals for my Mirage V and Mirage G... I also asked two Mirage 2000 exhausts : I want to make a MegaMirage (just ask Deino what is it : we talked about it for 6 months, here, on Key Publishing and secret projects!)
MegaMirage, maybe my next scratchbuild

Brian da Basher

Comrade Anatoly is our Productive whiffer Anthony...the guy who submitted 400 entries in the Airfix GB recently. I wish I knew how he found the time.

Brian da Basher

gooberliberation

QuoteComrade Anatoly is our Productive whiffer Anthony...the guy who submitted 400 entries in the Airfix GB recently. I wish I knew how he found the time.

Brian da Basher
Anatoly uses time machine to build a bubble of accellerated time around his work bench, while the rest of us work at normal speed..

Its the same time machine one matrixone uses to go back to an alternate 1946, take pictures of nazi jetfighters and pass them off as diorama picxtures. B)  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Patrick H

loooks, eeeuh, very unusual. A bit like a whale on wheels  :P

Never the less, great job, both on inventing and on building the thing.

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Archibald

Not a whale, a manta :P on wheels... well its Heller who decided the shape of its support :) (maybe with Airrfix cooperation)
Lot of fun doing this thing when I look at it I think that the X-43 was running in my head while assembling this thing