Another aircraft carrier...

Started by Archibald, July 04, 2006, 12:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

To complete nils Haddock carrier, here's mine, inspirated by the Kuznetsov...its a dedicated, Ski-jump carrier for the USMC (even if their LPH carry Harriers, they needed a dedicated carrier).
The carrier was made grafting a flight deck to an old cruiser (my uncle gave it to me when I was a child, but I never know what ship it was in real world!)
There was two name in competition for the ship A.Rickover (in memory of a famous Navy commander)  or Harry Cover... I prefer the last!

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

dragon

What?  No:
Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller?
Gregory "Pappy" Boyington?
John H. Glenn?
Rodger W. Young?
Carlos Hathcock?

There's probably other famous USMC that I can't think of at this point in time.  However I am sure they (USMC) would not want to operate a surface warfare ship named after a Submarine Admiral (perhaps the ghost of Admiral Rickover would object too).   They do after all advertise themselves as "the few, the proud, the Marines.".  I suppose your Foreign Legion has a similar line of advertising (if they do have a line of advertising). B)  

"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Archibald

Well in fact things are much more simpler : the name of this boat is a (disastrous :rolleyes: ) joke...
Harry Cover = Haricots Verts = French beans  B)  
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Archibald

To be sincere, a bit crude compared to your haddock...!!! Merci!!!