Hawker Hunter

Started by elmayerle, April 13, 2005, 09:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

It's as good a place as anywhere to pose your musings  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Hawker Havoc: straight wings version of Hunter

Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Quote from: ysi_maniac on July 29, 2022, 04:40:45 AM
Hawker Havoc: straight wings version of Hunter

I'm imagining this covered in wing pylons like a Skyraider with taller landing gear for clearance.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: kerick on July 29, 2022, 09:04:19 AM

I'm imagining this covered in wing pylons like a Skyraider with taller landing gear for clearance.

Imagining the same.  Taller landing gear could also accommodate a cannon pack on the belly similar to the one on the Canberra.  Quite the CAS machine with 6-8 ADENs and a big wing bristling with bombs and rocket pods. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kerick

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on July 29, 2022, 09:53:04 AM

Imagining the same.  Taller landing gear could also accommodate a cannon pack on the belly similar to the one on the Canberra.  Quite the CAS machine with 6-8 ADENs and a big wing bristling with bombs and rocket pods.

I'm trying to think of what straight wing to steal to make this with. Maybe a Mustang.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on July 29, 2022, 10:20:27 PM

I'm trying to think of what straight wing to steal to make this with. Maybe a Mustang.

A37 has the intakes and the pylons but you'd have to close up the exhausts.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

I would suggest 1/48 Hawker Seahawk wings  ;) And maybe the fin/rudder and tailplanes too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kerick

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 30, 2022, 05:52:36 AM

I would suggest 1/48 Hawker Seahawk wings  ;) And maybe the fin/rudder and tailplanes too.

I have some F-86 wings that might work. It's the thickness that's a problem. I have to be careful it doesn't start to look like a Seahawk. I was just looking at the Boeing Skyfox conversion of the T-33. They changed the whole rear of the aircraft and blended in the intakes  to make room for more fuel. I really need some 80s or 90sbiz jet engines to put on the sides A-10 style.
Tophe the Wise

ysi_maniac

Did you know that Hunter began as a T tail project? :thumbsup:

Will die without understanding this world.

kerick

Quote from: kerick on July 31, 2022, 12:37:49 PM

I have some F-86 wings that might work. It's the thickness that's a problem. I have to be careful it doesn't start to look like a Seahawk. I was just looking at the Boeing Skyfox conversion of the T-33. They changed the whole rear of the aircraft and blended in the intakes  to make room for more fuel. I really need some 80s or 90sbiz jet engines to put on the sides A-10 style.

Well, I couldn't resist and I've started a rebuild of a Matchbox Hunter with a Harrier laser nose and a new back end with a Jaguar tail and the F-86 wings unswept. It's what I had in the junk box. I'm working on fabricating the engines.
See what you guys make me do?
Tophe the Wise

kitnut617

Quote from: kerick on August 03, 2022, 08:17:50 AM
Quote from: kerick on July 31, 2022, 12:37:49 PM

Well, I couldn't resist and I've started a rebuild of a Matchbox Hunter with a Harrier laser nose and a new back end with a Jaguar tail and the F-86 wings unswept. It's what I had in the junk box. I'm working on fabricating the engines.
See what you guys make me do?

When I built my XP-86 straight wing, I did a number of comparisons. First I checked the difference between a P-51H and an FJ-1, apart from the wing root leading edge extension, they were the same size and shape. I then checked the P-51H wing to a F-86A wing, low and behold, they had the same size and shape too, the difference was the wing root end of the F-86 wing had the wing leading edge point extended to form the swept wing angle of sweep, and wing tip end of the F-86 trailing edge point was extended to match the same angle. But it has to be the P-51H wing to use, not a P-51D wing.

kerick

I have a P-82 kit I might check that.
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

The wings from a Matchbox T-2C Buckeye or its Revell re-incarnations might also be serious straight wing donors, because the Buckeye used the FJ-1's straight wings. OOB landing gear might be a bit long, but that's nothing that could not be easily mended.  ;)

kitnut617

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 03, 2022, 11:31:02 PM
The wings from a Matchbox T-2C Buckeye or its Revell re-incarnations might also be serious straight wing donors, because the Buckeye used the FJ-1's straight wings. OOB landing gear might be a bit long, but that's nothing that could not be easily mended.  ;)

Dizzy is right, the T-2 wing is a FJ-1 wing ----