Hawker Hunter

Started by elmayerle, April 13, 2005, 09:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

royabulgaf

just checked.  It is a vac/resin kit, it is still there.
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

Weaver

Not a whiff but worth a look: Hammer UK9 on Britmodeller has done the (in)famous "Miss Demeanour" in 1/72nd:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234941241-miss-demeanour-revell-172-hawker-hunter/

:wub: :wub: :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

What an eye-catcher!  :lol:

PR19_Kit

That must have been a real swine of a paint/decal job!

She looks almost 'normal' to me as 'Miss Demeanour' flies out of Kemble near my old office and I often saw her doing her thing in the local area.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

James

Quote from: ysi_maniac on August 01, 2012, 01:21:00 PM
With Mirage front ...

... a little more 'miraged'

The Hunter is a thing of beauty and it would be terrible to ruin it. However, they look great!  :cheers:

Mossie

More Hunter projects, from Secret Projects:
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9826.msg90850.html#msg90850

Hawker P.1100.  Shows what the production P.1083 tailpipe might have been like.

Hawker P.1120.  I'm struggling to see any difference to the T.7/T.8 series despite it saying 'bulbous new nose' it looks identical to me?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Just found this helpful scientific comparison on the web. I'm sure you'll all have a long, hard look at it...

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Nope, the Hunter's got nothing on Sabrina! :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on November 26, 2017, 07:50:58 AM
Just found this helpful scientific comparison on the web.

I'm just wondering what you were actually looking for ?  ;)

I can just about remember Sabrina  :o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Big Gimper

Found on FB.

From the owner of Lonewulf Models, Adrian: "first of the Cold War Models, the Hawker P.1124 target drone from 1957, this sizeable drone fits the Hunter F.6 and should look pretty spectacular. This is a test casting and I will be fitting it to the Revell Hunter. Does anyone have info on colours applied to target vehicles in this period, I was thinking orange body and yellow wings."

And

"I am tempted with the Delta Wing Hunter but since the Revell Hunter is a pain to get hold of it would mean basing on the Plastyk or Mistercraft Hunters which I have not looked at yet as to their quality."

I asked him to look at the Revell Hunter as well. How many of you would buy this if it was available? I'm down for two.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

PR19_Kit

Revell have just re-popped the Hunter, albeit at a price, around £20 at the last count It should be a lot more obtainable now than it has been for the last few years.

Love the look of that drone, it's a MONSTER. And should fit all sorts of other contemporary Brit jets, Javelins, Sea Vixens, Swift F7s?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

It's probably easier to do the Delta Hunter as a complete kit, because I doubt there'd be much left of the original after all the cutting and shutting.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Updated Hunter idea.

The P.1091 proved that you could add a three-foot nose extension to the Hunter without affecting the handling. How about instead of the radar, you make the extended nose all-metal (apart from the standard ranging radar at the tip) and use it to house all the gear formerly carried in the electronic equipment bay, which is in between the gun-pack and the fuselage fuel tank? You then delete the outer two cannons, which feed from the aft pair of ammo boxes, and turn their empty bays into link collector boxes, thus allowing the Sabrinas to be deleted.

You can now fit an additional large fuel tank in the fuselage, ahead of the main one, in the former electronics+ammo space. Since this extra fuel is ahead of the CofG, you need some more behind it as well. You could extend the aft fuselage tank (wrapped around the jet pipe), but since this is a long way from the CofG, you wouldn't need much get it to balance. A better option might be to add internal fuel tanks to the outer wings. These are just behind the CofG (hence no tanks in the standard version) so they'd take quite a bit of fuel to balance the forward tank.

The end result is a Hunter with two less guns (but still the same fit as any number of similar aircraft), less drag and a load more internal fuel, which means it could either fly further with the same bomb load, or carry a greater bomb load (due to not needing drop tanks) over the same distance as the standard Hunter.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Alternative stretched Hunter idea.

1. Build a new forward fuselage which is three feet longer: 2'6" behind the cockpit bulkhead and 6" behind the gun pack.

2. Move the contents of the fuselage electronics bay (batteries and radios) from behind the gun pack to in front of it.

3. Add a new fuel tank behind the gun pack. This tank wil be about 6" shorter than the existing fuselage tank, but on the other hand it won't have air intake duct cutouts in it, so I reckon it'll hold about the same 200 gallons.

4. Modify the gun pack. Remove the inner pair of ADENs and use their bays as internal link-collector boxes, thus making the Sabrinas unnecessary. Use the extra fuselage length to move one of the outer ADENs slightly forward, thus allowing it to feed from the inner gun's ammo box position, then double the size of the ammo boxes. Route the case ejection chutes downwards rather than outwards, to ensure that cases dont go down the intakes due to the guns bein slightly further forward.

You now have a Hunter with:

Less cross-sectional drag (due to the Sabrinas being removed)

Less transonic drag (due to the longer fuselage having a better fineness ratio)

Nearly 50% more internal fuel

Two 30mm cannon with 200 rounds-per-gun instead of four with 100rpg (2x30mm+150rpg was the standard for most subsequent RAF types)

- Indiana Jones

Knightflyer

Well I don't know if this is the place to post these musings, but if not, some-one please guide me where best to place them (and don't be rude!)  :lol:

Apologies if it's also been done elsewhere

So having just received various Hunter bits and bobs from Colin at Freightdog, I was pondering on an extended Hunter lineage

Mk.1 to Mk.6 - as in the normal timeline
T.7 - tandem instead of the curvaceous T.7 we know and love
T.8 (and variants) tandem equivalent of our timeline Naval variants
Mk.9 to Mk.11 - as in normal timeline
T.12 - tandem version of the proposed TSR.2 trainer

now the adventure begins

F.13 - we weren't superstitious were we? So is this the supersonic P.1083 Hunter II / Super Hunter , using the P1109B nose?
T.14 - tandem supersonic Hunter II trainer
NF.15 or FAW.15- tandem supersonic all weather fighter

oh and of course, the D.16 Drone, conversion of all those old left over first generation Hunters  :o

Anyway that's my pennies-worth  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(