Captain Canada's Water Bomber Build

Started by Gary, July 20, 2006, 05:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Sounds interesting, gary...complicated, but interesting !

And I'm all for a buisness named Pomerleau...rings a bell ! As long as we're not affiliated with those donkey ear Pomerleaus, the construction firm I saw in Dartmouth. When i walked into the office, agape at the sight of my name on the sign, I was rudely assured "there are no Pomerleaus here "

Well then.....

I was thinking of doing CL-215s and 415s of the RCN and RCAF...but I could do a civvy easy enough. Just need to think of the type is all.......

:cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Leigh

Well I'll try and play, I love the idea of us all doing a build in the same liveries, and hopefully we can display a few of 'em at the 2007 Nats. Spring 2007 sound do-able  dunno if I want to even think about the numbers stuff.

Oooh and if anyone else is printing up decals I may have a request.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Brian da Basher

No vintage aircraft? Wow that leaves me kinda hosed...or not hosed as the case may be. Would some sort of B-47 firebomber whiff be considered acceptable? I'm sure there's more than a few in the boneyard that could be refurbished.

Brian da Basher

Shasper

Would depend on your time frame BdB.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

anthonyp

QuoteOooh and if anyone else is printing up decals I may have a request.
I'm currently out of decal paper, and don't have enough to fill an 8 1/2x 11" sheet yet, but I should by next month.  I'm discovering I need some detail decals and putting together a sheet.  PM me with what you're looking for.

BTW, anyone know where I can find a 1/72 CL-215 or CL-415?
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Runway ? ...

Heller do a CL-415 I'm on the other side of the pond but most of the usual mail order suspects seem to carry it.  

Gary

Re: a CL-415/215, Udisco out of Montreal does a good priced Mail order off the Net, just do a search for their name and you shouldn't have any troubles. They normally have a supply.

Re: the B-47. I ain't God here so I do wanna squish any ideas you might have. The only thing I will respond with is to remember the objective, we are designing a new fleet of waterbombers for the year 2007 and onward. The 47 is an old bird, but very cool looking indeed, but if you think you can bring her up to a standard that would fit that criteria, then that's cool.

Hell one thought I had was recovering boneyard Phantoms and Eagles and Buffs and Caraboo and Herkey birds and Scooters and Varks and...

But how to make them work....   Muwahahahahahahahaha, the gerbels in yer brain will have ta work hard for this one. Is your Kung Fu strong enough?
Getting back into modeling

gooberliberation

Oh boy, I just had a stroke of madness.

Say, who in the Soviet Union would be in charge of waterbombing? Ministry of Agriculture?

(is there such a thing?)
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

NARSES2

It would probably be the "disasters ministry" Goober'. They tend to deal with things like that
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Brian da Basher

Hmmm no B-47? Wow this might require I get more creative and delve into hitherto unexplored territory involving, dare I say, HELOS?!

Oh my goodness what am I getting myself into?

Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

I think my local shop has a 415, Anatoly. I'll check when I'm over there next....

And since I'll be heading to the Detroit airport on Tuesday.....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

anthonyp

"Detroit Airport"?  Which one?  If it's the one in the city, I'm so very sorry.  If it's Detroit Metro, I'm less so-very-sorry.

About what time, Tuesday?

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Captain Canada

Not sure yet. My jackass boss has yet to book the ticket he told his boss he booked on Tuesday !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

GTX

Gary,

QuoteLand plane base is also 200 miles from the fire

What if the land plane in question has superb STOL/rough field capability - hence can operate out of small strips closer to the fire (and thus avoiding the embarrasing situation of flying so slow that the fire would be out before it reached it)?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

gooberliberation

;)

Nah, what you need is a waterbomber capable of Mach 3.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.