Captain Canada's Water Bomber Build

Started by Gary, July 20, 2006, 05:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE to take part (waterbombers are the bee's knees, and I really admire their pilots) but for the time being I'll remain a mere observer.

But I would LOOOOOOOOOVE A CL-215 kit :wub:  :wub: ............mmm, 215 in Aussie colours.................

Good luck to all those who are mad enough to take part.

For the time being, I'll watch. B)  

Brian da Basher

I think I may have figured out a way to re-engine my B-47 so I can enter it.

And for the skeptical among you, yes it will still have jets. Perhaps three of them.

Hehehehehehehehehe.

Brian da Basher

P.S. This is assuming of course that I don't have to send the B-47 across the pond because those 43 pilots never cleared Danish immigration.   ;)  

Gary

QuoteGary,

QuoteLand plane base is also 200 miles from the fire

What if the land plane in question has superb STOL/rough field capability - hence can operate out of small strips closer to the fire (and thus avoiding the embarrasing situation of flying so slow that the fire would be out before it reached it)?

Regards,

Greg
See see, thinking going on here. Me likey and why not. A pump truck for transfer of water, a bowser for fuel, a highway wide enough to land on...

Cool thought, I wish I had it. Go for it man.
Getting back into modeling

SinUnNombre

Hmm, I've always wanted to build a firebomber, and this would give me the motivation to do it. And its far enough off that I've got time to plan for it. For now, count me as kind of in-ish. But I'm really considering it. Now wheree did that Airfix Skyraider go?.....

Jon

Ollie

Meh, Udisco!

I thoroughfully hate shopping there, worst service ever!

:o  :mellow:  :huh:  

Captain Canada

Quote"Detroit Airport"?  Which one?  If it's the one in the city, I'm so very sorry.  If it's Detroit Metro, I'm less so-very-sorry.

About what time, Tuesday?

:cheers:
I fly out at 11:40 or somat, from metro.

Are you working that day ? I'll check my LHS on Monday and let you know if there is a kit available. Maybe we can do a drive by 'hello' near Selfridge ?

:ph34r:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

anthonyp

That could work.  I'm at BAE Systems that day... well, I'm SUPPOSED to be there that day, but I can always tell them I've got important matters I need to attend to, and I'll be back later.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

GTX

Ok, I'm in - will be going for both categories.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Hi folks,

This one seems to have gone quiet of late.  In case anyone is in need of inspiration, look here.

By the way, my idea isn't there.

Regards,

Greg

Gary

Sorry, been so busy of late havn't had much of a chance to get online

How about this baby!

Flying wet dream!

Runway ? ...

Just throwing ideas about.

Time :  '70s
Place : Somewhere burny
Craft : Blackburn Buccaneer

With a scoop! Oh and an IFR probe.
Infinite loiter time/time on station (budget allowing) hard as nails (shouldn't mind a bit of low level manouvering) and fun to boot (no lack volunteer crews).

I claim my prize  :)  

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

GTX

Philip,

Thanks for the link.  I like this one:

More pics/info here.

Regards,

Greg

Gary

Ok here's the first draft.

It's the corporate look, and follows the look of the other guys.

I dunno, after seeing Old Nicks Floatplane tours... I think I may need to do something much more radical.  

Runway ? ...

Groovy corporate look :) I'm trying to work out how that could work on a big delta though :) .

Here's a suggestion from the ANG? palletised systemsC130 Waterbomber