R

TSR2

Started by Radish, May 14, 2003, 01:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

He's off again, talking about leafy roundels!!!! Someone RREALLY needs to take Toadman aside and talk to him at length.....Either that or change his medication to something other than Opal Fruits......LOL   :TT  :TT  :TT  :zz

Just kidding Toad mate.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Thorvic 1

Hi Nick

Yeah there are a few fit issues with the TSR2 kit from Heritage(and its previous editions). As i said its is alot easier to build up the fuealsage wing box with plastic card (using super glue) to try and level things out before the wing is attached. This way you should be able to get a good fit and fill any big gaps without the risk of damaging the wing  surface.

I put straight pieces of paper clips in my tail surfaces to keep the joints strong.

Cheers

Thorvic

lancer

On a more serious note, I remember talking to someone at MK in January, Martin I bekieve, who said that by cutting the resin lumps under water the dust problem is eliminated. Thats what I'll be doing.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Nick

Thanks Thorvic. I've broken the Superglue apart so I can try again.

While I'm thinking about it, on Ebay last week were some Scale Models Magazine's from Feb+March 1985 with a feature on the TSR-2. I got outbid for these (someone with a much higher budget than me), would anyone have a copy I could read?

Also, I've prebooked my cheap accomodation for the Nats, if anyone's interested I know a nice pub or two just outside Telford for a get-together. Remind me nearer the time for details.

Nick  :G

Skorpio

Well, that's six of us so far (Magus will be there too), and Radish will probably be there too.  I know Nick will be around, so who else from the UK is going to be lurking behind the SIG stand?  Can we tempt Nev away from the delights of Grimsby?  Looks like it could be a really good SIG display this year!

lancer

QuoteAlso, I've prebooked my cheap accomodation for the Nats, if anyone's interested I know a nice pub or two just outside Telford for a get-together. Remind me nearer the time for details.

Good one Nick, that'll give us somewhere to go in the evening. Personally, I think it'll be a damm good thing. Have a wind down, some scoff and serveal bevvies.

Aircav

:)  :dr  :)  :dr  :)  :dr  :)
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Geoff_B

QuoteToads idea is not that bad, imagine Canadian TSR-2 flying from West Germany on strike missions in the original NATO colours or the later all over Dark Green as worn on the Later Starfighters

Back on too TSR-2's mounting the maple leaf. What armament would they have carried. Do Canada use US or UK Bombs ? any AGM's?. Would be handy to know if i decided to do one.

Cheers

Thorvic

Captain Canada

If we can all pitch in and buy me the airfare...I'll come over, and I'll buy the beer !

I'll also bring my Arrow projects !

Toad the jealous Canuck
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Well, I'm hoping to come on the Saturday - probly stay Friday night at the in-laws in Chesterfield, so that cuts the journey in half and I can leave Mrs Nev there as well!  

However I will be going back on Saturday, so I won't be coming out for some nosebag with you in the evening.  

What do you do for  grub at dinner time tho?  Is there anything at the site?  We could decamp to a local hostelry in 2 groups perhaps
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Geoff_B

QuoteWhat drawing's are you using for the Storm Shadow ?

Hi Steve

No Drawings as such, the last guy with some got 10 yrs for trying to sell it them to the Russians !!!!.
I've been trawling the web for phoyos and details, got the length and span from MDBA site and a few photos, then discovered today that the RAF have just posted some nice shots of a 617 sqdn Tornado with two on its belly

[a href=\"http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/limage_617_storm.html\" target=\"_blank\"]617 \"Dambuster\" with Storm Shadow[/a]

Used a couple of exocets as the basis from the Airfix hi-tech set, then boxed it in with Plastic card and filler to get the basic box shape (sides slope in from a wider base). Scratch built the ram jet scope from laminated plastic card then shaped and merge into rear fuselage. Added wings and the various tail surfaces from card etc.

They are supposed to be being done by Model Alliance, but i doub't we will see them till the Nats (which is a bit late for me). The problem i face now is do i put them on the inner TSR2 pylons or outer ones !!!! ?

Geoff

Ollie

I'm doing a shotdown TSR.2, not really hard to make, you melt a standard can of Pepsi and you have it!

Seriously, I hope y'all take pictures of those birds, I want to see them!

:TT

Nick

Last year I took a packed lunch and drinks, there is a cafe and restaurant on site which are a bit pricey IMO. They do have a licence for booze but this year I think we should copy what the Swiss or Austrian group did, which was to have a great big party at the show!
:dr  :aa  :dr

Nick  :G

Aircav

Very intresting........ummmmmmmmmm............... :s
Let me see what I can do......................... :w
:zz
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Geoff_B

Hi Wooksta

I have a completed XR222 and another with the basic assembly done awaiting a final decision - RAF2000, possobly even operation Telic if somebody produces a Storm Shadow soon.

If i can find another kit i fancy a VG version, but FAA markings flying from CVA-01 Queen Elizabeth, Using EDSG over White aka Phantoms but using a different 890's squadron markings - not sure which yet.

Trouble is spending £40 for another example, i might if the Upgrade kit came out with it, but not seen ant news from Heritage.

Cheers

Thorvic