Enhanced P-36

Started by ysi_maniac, July 26, 2006, 07:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

In 1943 Valmet began to revamp ageing P-36, from Ilmavoimat, equipping them with DB605 engines.
Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Is this the right place for a finished model? :unsure:  
Will die without understanding this world.

cthulhu77

Yep, and a good looking finish (finnish?) it is !!!  Nice job, sir!
          greg

Archibald

Brilliant!!! Welcome here, your first model is very nice! A finish brother for the P-40, with a German engine... why no one thought about that before ? :)  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Great idea, great model.

Same principal as the late war Morko Morane the Finns developed. Take a dated but basically sound airframe and add a modern engine and you have an (almost) new aeroplane to scare the Ivans with !!

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Ollie

Whoa, most excellent buddy!!

:wub:  :wub:  :)  

BobbyK

GREAT IDEA!!!!!  And it looks good too.....what else can you ask for.  NICE WORK!!!!

Chap

Really nice work! Very well done!  B)  

Eddie M.

Very good looking plane! B) Eye catching and well executed. Welcome aboard!
    Eddie
Look behind you!

Gary

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

What a spot of cool!
Getting back into modeling

The Rat

We love people who know how to make an introduction! Excellent!  :cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kitnut617

Now that is neat   B)  ^_^

:cheers: Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Tophe

Wonderful shape, like a P-40 without its ugly nose scoop... :wub:
What prevents me from completely saying this model is lovely are the swastikas - I know the Finsk were not as bad as the Nazi but they were allied of bad ones :( . As a civil racer, I would LOVE such an airplane... :wub:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Brian da Basher

Wow that's sleek ysi! One great idea and flawless execution! A fantastic intro to the board!

I love it!  :wub:

Brian da Basher

NARSES2

Not only is that a really good model it actually fooled me  :dum: I thought "oh maybe the Finn's had done that and I'd not read about it" It's so plausable

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.