Even more Crusader stuff...

Started by Radish, July 30, 2006, 04:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quoteperhaps live dogs/cats, etc., are kept then killed to rot away before slinging at an enemy?

What about a "parade" vehicle, or peacetime tank, with all the skirts in full heraldic trim as well?

And, if there's TWO bright tanks, what about a tournement? Firing paint balls at each other on the move?

Or just phone up the "Yangtze River" Takeaway in Boldon Colliery  <_<

Great idea about the tournamemt Rad or individual combats to solve disputes with each side having a "Champion".  The "side skirts" would make excellent "horse armour" which was often gorgeously decorated. The Saassinian, Iranian and Moghul nobel's rode heavily armoured horses with decorated bard's. Some royalty would even have it guilded  :)

Maybe you and me should construct one from each side for the Nationals ? I'll do a "Saracen" for want of another word and you a "Crusader" ?

Chris  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Sounds a good idea, Chris.
Shall we "do" it in 1/72nd? I can do a small base with a central fence and then the tanks just need putting in place.
What d'ya fancy making? :lol:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Radish

I reckon you should choose a Swedish "S" tank cause I'd win....but then again, you might not show over the central fence!
Suggested "parings"...almost "Dogfight Doubles"?:

Crusader Sherman v Saracen T-34
Crusader M-48 v Saracen T-62
Crusader Leopard v Saracen T-80
Crusader M-60 v Saracen T-72
Crusader Merkava v Saracen T-72/T-80

Or, we could chose something common...Sherman? T-34? Leopard? and modify it whichever way we want, always making sure there's skirts of course.??

What d'ya think? :lol:  

lancer

QuoteI reckon you should choose a Swedish "S" tank cause I'd win....but then again, you might not show over the central fence!
Suggested "parings"...almost "Dogfight Doubles"?:

Crusader Sherman v Saracen T-34
Crusader M-48 v Saracen T-62
Crusader Leopard v Saracen T-80
Crusader M-60 v Saracen T-72
Crusader Merkava v Saracen T-72/T-80

Or, we could chose something common...Sherman? T-34? Leopard? and modify it whichever way we want, always making sure there's skirts of course.??

What d'ya think? :lol:
One pairing I'd look at doing would be a Crusader Chrchill vs a Saracen Panzer 4. Both have side skirts and would be well matched I think. What are your thoughts ??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

Far too many wheels on a Churchill....it'd take me forever to clean the buggars up. And I'd fit a 105mm gun to sort the Panzer IV out.
Now a Crusader tank would be OK, less wheels and I could still fit a bloody big gun with a turret extension :lol:
Skirts isn't a problem (as I'm sure you understand!!) as I can quickly run one up :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Radish

At a bit of a loose end tonight so I made a Revell 1/48th SE5A sesquiplane. Just need to add the u/c before spraying tomorrow.

All my sesquiplanes start out with white primer.
The main wings are white, ideal for that cohesive look, with appropriater Teutonic or Templars insignia.
The fuselages, tail surfaces, mini-wings are colourful, with or without badges.
So far there's 3 Camels and this SE5A as sesquis.
Expect the following "colour"

Tiger stripes
Pink
Red/Yellow banding
Orange.....

so far! :lol:  

NARSES2

Well I was thinking of a Saracen T72, but let me have a look in the LHS for something suitable. I'll have a look thursday
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

A Saracen T-72 sounds good...."Lion of Babylon", etc..

I'll await your decision.
There's no desperate rush, but best to get it done!

I'll work on a nice, small, thinnish base that can go at the front to be easily seen.
We could do a "dry run" with it at Coventry? :D  

Radish

Meanwhile.....EVENTUALLY got round to adding the stowage/baggage to fill the new "baskets" oin the Leopard 2A6 turret.
The stowage is rolls of toilet paper (unused of course!), tied with strips of masking tape.  Also, camouflage netting from bandage strip and looser stuff from those nets that oranges come in.
all the stowage is soaked in a white glue/water solution, squeezed with a couple of cocktail sticks, then draped in place.
Messy but effective. A night in the airing cupboard will dry everything nicely.
Then it's spray time in white.
This'll then be covered with a thin dark grey or black wash, prior to extensive dry brushing in white. Then the "details" will be done in appropriate colours. The "baggage in a combination of cream, sand, etc., with white strapping.
The barrel? Not totally decided but could be red with white stripes, but most likely black with white stripes...or a bit of both? Not sure.
The hull is already sprayed in black and I'm not at work tomorrow so will have a lovely day drybrushing and creating a base and text.
The tank will be in a column moving into Saracen territory, approaching Damascus.
Pennants, flags flying and air recognition panel for the Teutonic Knights showing.
WILL be ready for Stafford IPMS on Thursday so will be at Avon for the SIG display/show, but I'll put it in the competition there for some "exposure" :party:  

NARSES2

QuoteAlso, camouflage netting from bandage strip and looser stuff

WILL be ready for Stafford IPMS on Thursday so will be at Avon for the SIG display/show, but I'll put it in the competition there for some "exposure" :party:
You know I read "bondage strip" there - I wonder why ????  :blink:

I can't make Avon so will somebody please take a photo of this ?

Still not sure what kit I'm going to get for the "Tournament" but it's SELWG in October at the Palace Sports Centre up the road from me, so I will get the figures for it there.

Planning on a Sassinian drummer and standard bearer (possibly armoured), to accompany it. Logic is that although using modern gear the "hero's" maintain their traditions ?

Chris

Radish

Absolutely. :lol:
My crew will be in full regalia!
Now then , would they go into battle playing Heavy Metal or something of a more thoughtful tone, like Gregorian Chants?
By the way, I've a CD of the "Medieval Babes" which is quite nice.
Turret now sprayed up.
I've been sorting the decals......oooohh :party:  :tank:  :party:  

NARSES2

QuoteAbsolutely. :lol:
My crew will be in full regalia!
Now then , would they go into battle playing Heavy Metal or something of a more thoughtful tone, like Gregorian Chants?
By the way, I've a CD of the "Medieval Babes" which is quite nice.
Turret now sprayed up.
I've been sorting the decals......oooohh :party:  :tank:  :party:
Well Sassinian's were Zorastian's so maybe my guy will enter the arena to the strains of Frddie Mercury and Queen - "Killer Queen (read "kill the Queen" ;) ) or "We are the Champion's"  :P

Chris

Radish

The Leopard 2A6 is done, white turret, black hull, all weathered with appropriate washes, drybrushing, etc.. Crew done...black, drybrushed dark grey, tanned flesh, etc..
The text that accompanies the tank:

"Metal Gods"
This Leopard 2A6 of the 46th Banner, 3rd White Knights of the Teutonic Order is based in Outremer, lands of the Crusaders. Commanded by veteran Crusader, Heinrich Von Musselburger, it is part of a column of the 9th Crusader Army on a sortie towards Damascus. Although the Saracens are ostensibly at peace, the Hudjubi Sect are disrupting the negotiated truce that has held for 8 years and the Outremer Government of King Baldwin XXIII has decided to teach them a lesson. With the silent acknowledgement of the Saracen authorities, the plan is to eradicate the Hudjubi Sect's forces by crushing them, the Crusader armed forces delivering a hammer blow against  the Saracen anvil in Damascus.
The Leopard 2A6 wears standard Crusader colours, and being of the Teutonic Knights, wears an air recognition panel from that order. The pennant flown from the aerial mast is Von Musselburger's personal emblem.

Kit: Revell 1/35th Leopard 2A6 modified
Inspiration: "Metal Gods", Judas Priest.
Model by Radish (aka Terry Campion)

At Stafford IPMS on Thursday night, and in the comp at AVON Model Show (August 20th) where hopefully it'll be photographed.
After all, they'll have never seen anything like it before, and a few years ago, I won best of show there, the Antics Trophy, with my Luftwaffe 2-seater Typhoon, so they're not averse to whatiffery! :party:

Next up.....various options, but I want to do a Merkava of the Inquistion with a blood red hull! :lol:  

NARSES2

QuoteNext up.....various options, but I want to do a Merkava of the Inquistion with a blood red hull! :lol:
Inquisiton ----- Merkava ???????? Now your'e getting really cynical  ;)  

NARSES2

Rad and Lance already know this but I'm now thinking of a Polish Winged Hussar tank after geeting the latest Osprey book "Polish Winged Husars" - siege of Vienna circa 1998 anybody ?