Even more Crusader stuff...

Started by Radish, July 30, 2006, 04:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

QuotePrepare to meet thy Doom, Saracen :party:  :tank:  :party:

:cheers:
Yea, Yea, Yea -----  :zzz:

Ordered the banners and supporting cast for my T-72 last night. Musicians and standard bearer  ;)  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Right then.....who makes a full Scots Band in 1/72nd.....my merkava could come from the Rosslyn Templar Banner :wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Radish

Oh no it won't cause then I'd have to do tartan side skirts!! :lol:

I must counteract another way :blink:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  

NARSES2

Well a couple of the wargamming companies do a medieval cart with "large cross" and priest in their Italian City States ranges and I know you can also get a "Hussite" cart with their own religious icon's on (Don't think that would go down to well with the Pope though ?)

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Geoff, mate, it WILL look brilliant on a tank....these poxy 1/72nd things are minute though....crewed by ants, which gives me another idea!
From where can I get giant insects?
Must scrounge the 2nd hand shops for some of those Heller kits of insects.
Zwilling insects??
Good idea, but no.....how about various combatants (the good guys) fighting giant mutant ants, etc., of the bad guys?
Am I drinking too much coffee?
Should I see my doctor again?
Zwilling insects indeed :o  

Radish

Radish

Meanwhile, the M41 looks like being a Crusader Templar's tank on patrol on the southern border, circa 1953.

The Leopard 1A4 looks like being from the Inquisition, blood red turret, etc..

Ha!!!! :lol:

When I get the IPMS(UK) magazine with the competition classes, I shall deliver a suitable onslought.
I know that the aircraft can go into the Mushroon Monthly Competition, and that aircraft on a diorama must go into the fantasy diorama class, but I presume I can put the tanks straight into an armour class.
I fully expect to receive nothing for the entries OTHER than they'll hopefully raise a laugh and get photographed (??), oh yes, annoy JMN-armour guys!!

Some "strange" Israeli stuff might get in there too :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Radish

Babies, at last I've got the stowage done on the M41, Leopard 1A4 and Mercer 1912 "jeep".
They're in the airing cupboard for a drying out at the moment, then it's hopefully spray time tonight.....turrets white, chassis plus jeep black.
Bonzer!!! :P  

Radish

Sprayed.....great!

Everything can really "harden off" over a few days while we nip up to the North-East for a bit of "lust and passion"....not that the NE is necessary for that.
Then painting when we return as Mid's back at work!!
Yippee!!!!
More modelling time!!!!

More TANKS :P  

Radish

Oooohhhhh!!
I'm back :tank:  :party:  :tank:  :party:  :tank:  

Aircav

Rad, Heller did a Ladybird, Stag beetle and a ant, you may get them off Ebay
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Radish

Does the Ant have Transfers?....

You know......

Ant and Dec :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Radish

Looking at doing an Italeri LVT "Buffalo as an "Inquisition" vehicle.....a sort of portable jobbie/office with great potential for blood spilling.
I've a template to create a roof for the top, a few guns too and then the possibility of shackles on the sides and and perhaps a few other "accessories", like a wheel for breaking prisoners, suspects and so on.
I'd thought of erecting a cross on the top for crucifixions, but that would most likely be considered blaspemous and tasteless by some, so I'll avoid that.
thinking red all over, heavily drybrushed, with dried blood effect and some wet stuff too. If I stick the odd hand and foot in manacles, should I provide sick bags?

Radish

Hey.......

JOUSTING HELICOPTERS?????

AH-64 v Ka-50?????

What d'ya think??

elmayerle

QuoteLooking at doing an Italeri LVT "Buffalo as an "Inquisition" vehicle.....a sort of portable jobbie/office with great potential for blood spilling.
I've a template to create a roof for the top, a few guns too and then the possibility of shackles on the sides and and perhaps a few other "accessories", like a wheel for breaking prisoners, suspects and so on.
I'd thought of erecting a cross on the top for crucifixions, but that would most likely be considered blaspemous and tasteless by some, so I'll avoid that.
thinking red all over, heavily drybrushed, with dried blood effect and some wet stuff too. If I stick the odd hand and foot in manacles, should I provide sick bags?
So make it a St. Andrews' cross instead of a standard cross and you'll get no complaints.  'Sides, the St. Andrews' cross makes for more possibilities in how prisoners are bound.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin