New Anigrand kit

Started by MartG, August 02, 2006, 08:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

We should push for separet fwd fuseloge sections for the single and twin seater.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

ysi_maniac

Quotethat's really rocks! Imagine the number of whatif we can do around this model

First, obvious, IDF AF Lavi (in the cool camo of the F-16)
South African Lavi (to replace their Cheetah)
Agressor Lavi (F-24 ? :P )
Lavi with big dorsal spine and conformal fuel tanks, a la F-16I
Lavi for RAF (interim type pending the Typhoon arrival...ETPS markings!!!!)
Syrian Lavi (they got their hands on one)
Chinese Lavi (J-9II?)
Any others idea?
Chinese J-10 is a "copy" of Lavi: I mean, it was designed with Israeli assistance. You already have a nice styrene Trumpeter kit. In my opinion there is no point to wait for a resin kit. ;)
Will die without understanding this world.

elmayerle

QuoteClicking Anigrand links always leave me asking more questions than they answer.  I'm more than familiar with the YAH-63 and AH-64, but what in heck were the Boeing AAH and the Lockheed CL-1700?  Evan?  Anybody?
I don't know about the CL-1700, but I've seen a picture of a Boeing mcokup that resembled a cross between their XUH-61 demonstrator and a "Hind-A".  That may well have been their AAH entry.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

overscan

Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

overscan

1972 US Army AAH Program  :  Competition for the  Advanced Attack Helicopter  was between the Hughes Model 77 (YAH-64) and the Bell 409 (YAH-63).
Other contenders were the Boeing Vertol AAH and the Lockheed CL-1700, a Cheyenne derivative.
The Hughes Model 77 was selected and designated the AH-64 Apache.
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

Shasper

Quote[
Chinese J-10 is a "copy" of Lavi: I mean, it was designed with Israeli assistance. You already have a nice styrene Trumpeter kit. In my opinion there is no point to wait for a resin kit. ;)
The J-10 is a Lavi-lookalike. It's a heck of alot bigger and there are other differences.

To give you an idea, the Lavi was a tad smaller than the regular F-16A, while I believe that the J-10 is in the F-16E/F-18 class IIRC :huh:

Shas B)
- Bud S.

anthonyp

I think you're mistaken, Shas.  Comparing an F-16 to the Trumpeter J-10, they're pretty much the exact same size (with the J-10 having a shorter wingspan), and since the Lavi is based off the F-16, I don't imagine it'd be that much smaller.

According to Globalsecurity and Wikipedia (both known to be somewhat unreliable at times, I know), as well as a few other websites (who may have just copied the figures), the J-10 and the Lavi are pretty much dead on in terms of dimensions.  The J-10 is a bit taller (at 4.80 meters as opposed to 4.78 meters), but the wingspan and length are the same (8.78 meters and 14.57 meters, respecitively), though the J-10 has a little more wing area.

Of course, these are based on intel photos of the J-10.  I mean, those pilots could be as big as Yao Ming for all we know.

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Shasper

Well I'm guesstimating, but since the Lavi was based around the original F-16 and the J-10 has the AL-31 engine in it....

Shas B)
- Bud S.

MartG

QuoteHmm, might be enjoyable to do a corrected one.  I've been given to understand that the two-bladed rotor was the Achilles heel of the YAH-63, something about canopy strikes.  Switch it to a four-bladed rotor and model it that way.
Hmm - 4 blade rotor, Longbow radar equipped version.... :D  
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Martin H

QuoteHmm - 4 blade rotor, Longbow radar equipped version.... :D
well volenteered that man  :P  
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.