Spitferschmitt Mk.99

Started by Tophe, August 02, 2006, 12:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

While I am finishing the Me 262BZ, while the triplex Fw 189 is waiting, a surprise occured: my wife found a broken kit box behind the washing machine... (from the house change one year ago). The box was all wet and mildewed and was thrown away, so this kit parts come to the top of the "to be done". This is a Czech Me 109: Avia S-99 (KP, 1/72, plastic).
Of course, building such a single plane would be too sad for me, and a Zwilling was automatically chosen. A special Bf 109Z could have been selected, either S-99+Bf 109E (Jumo+DB) or S-99+CS-99 (single-seater + two-seater), but that would be sad too. I would prefer more asymmetry.
Then an idea crossed my mind: a Zwilling Me 109+Spitfire! Messerfire or Spitferschmitt... A symbol of the peace that would have been better than this awful war... The Spitfire and Messerschmitt became friends, kissed and (...) and a baby was born... a twin... Spitferschmitt Mk.99
I have 3 Spits 1/72 still to build (1 Heller + 2 Fujimi), so one could be used for that.

For the 2 Spits remaining, I will make of course one (more) Twin-Spitfire, and this will guide the choice of the remaining one, available to marry the 109.
I consider either:
* Merlin-Griffon (double-Bubble) 16E+14E bubble (the 14E razorback going to the 109)
* Razorback-Bubble (double-Griffon) 14E razorback+14E bubble (the 16E going to the 109)
I hesitate... Do some of you have an opinion?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Here is the project, to be turned plastic.

Next year a P-51B+D will complete the set.

nev

Spitschmitt?  Messerfire?  I like it!  :lol:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

The very first step is done:

In the old forgotten Spit box, bought maybe 15 years ago, the tailplanes are missing... No problem, this will simply be even more asymmetric that I thought :)
PS. The little 1/72 Spitschmitt would be the child of 1/48 Spitfire and Messerschmitt, this is serious, not impossible...

Tophe

Tophe

Step 3: first putty...

I know the 2 fins are not parallel but this is love: the 2 halves are leaning towards one another. :)
The intended colour is white all, like a white flag for peace... :)  

NARSES2

Looks like the USS Enterprise's Transporter is screwing up again ?  :P (remember the "evil" Capt Kirk ?)

I like the concept Tophe almost a sculpture infact

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

(first) sanding is done, and first layer of paint...

Tophe

I have added putty again and a single sanding seems necessary before painting again, painting canopies, and this would be finished...
Though my wife suggested that I put another big model on the wall and I took my unfinished P-38J 1/32, started in 1979 yes... :(  First I would discard the landing gears BUT, instead of directing them to the garbage can, I thought of something more funny: put them below my Spitferschmitt 1/72 model. This would be so crazy, so impossible :wacko: , I will do it, as a joke.

Tophe

:P The Spitferschmitt Mk.99 is born... for a Zwilling peace on the World. :wacko:

John Howling Mouse

Hey, an off-road airplane: I LIKE it!

Clever man: if winds/weather aren't right, just DRIVE to your destination!

:wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

elmayerle

JHM, that's not a drive, it's "just" a high-speed taxi.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

B777LR

:blink:  :lol:

Supermarine-masserschmidt reveals its new all terrain aircraft, meant to compete with cessna caravan abd AN-2  :P  :lol:  :D  

Tophe

Thanks for your comments/jokes, guys :)  

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May