Cylon Raider

Started by nev, August 04, 2006, 10:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

I know there's a few BG fans here, gorgeous Cylon Raider on ModelGeek

http://www.modelgeek.com/modules.php?op=mo...ticle&artid=934
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

Oh yeah, that is nice. Now, all that it needs is a Colonial viper to drop on it's 6 o'clock and vape it.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

That is a great looking Raider!

And a very good looking site, too.

Matrixone should take a crack at one of their member's tree-making technique for his dioramas:

http://www.modelgeek.com/modules.php?op=mo...ticle&artid=918
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Radish

Great.
I love it.
Marvellous.
I think the Cylon Raider is a superb looking jobby.
I wish Revell would re-issue it AGAIN. B)  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I love the fact that there are just soooooooo many AFV parts littering the surface !  :lol:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

QuoteThat is a great looking Raider!

And a very good looking site, too.

Matrixone should take a crack at one of their member's tree-making technique for his dioramas:

http://www.modelgeek.com/modules.php?op=mo...ticle&artid=918
Armorama and their associated sites have some cracking articles.  You've just got to find them  <_<  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

F-32

Thats nice.

What does everyone think of the new Battlestar show?

Personally I think it kicks donkey

Sentinel Chicken

Just one fracking centon here, I thought this model would be a raider from the new series?

I agree with F-32, the new BSG series is wonderful- it has a very dark and cynical edge to it that even supersedes that which permeated Babylon 5.  

nev

Despite all the talk on here when the new BG started, I managed to miss it  :dum:

Then by chance last month I was channel surfing and caught the first episode of the first series on Sky 3 and realised what I had been missing out on.

Went out and bought the pilot episodes on DVD, now every Thursday night at 9pm is a sacred hour in the house.  

Only up to episode 6 of series 1 atm, so if you're going to discuss the plot of the first 2 series, for my sake please put a big SPOILER warning, kthxbye

Sentinel Chicken

Nev, you will NOT be disappointed. The show in my opinion really takes on the darker side of human nature in an artful way. I have friends who hate science fiction who are now addicted to BSG. I particularly like the way they've potrayed Gaius Baltar. Treasonous nature as in the old series or slick duality of the human conciousness manifest by one hot chick romping around in his brain?

I believe here in the US the new season starts October 6.

nev

Even 6 episodes in, Baltar is a wonderful character, brilliantly played.  A heady mixture of intelligence, vanity and good old fashioned LMF.  

I love the way the series is shot, especially the space sequences.  Makes me wanna go and fire up X2 - The Threat

Jennings

I've always wondered why people "weather" space models :)

J

PS:  NICE Cylon raider, btw!
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

John Howling Mouse

QuoteI've always wondered why people "weather" space models :)
Many SF vehicles are combined endo-exo-atmospheric.
Both the Viper and Raider travel to surfaces of planets.

They really do.

And the new BSG is my favorite show.  Even Ms. H. watches it with me!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteEven 6 episodes in, Baltar is a wonderful character, brilliantly played.  A heady mixture of intelligence, vanity and good old fashioned LMF.  

I love the way the series is shot, especially the space sequences.  Makes me wanna go and fire up X2 - The Threat
Nev, you won't believe what happens to..... and then they..... and after the stealth ....well, crap, I can't say anything, can I. ;)  :lol: I have not missed an episode yet. The world come to a stop when it's on in this house! Come on October!!!!!
   Eddie
Look behind you!