A Weird Idea

Started by lancer, August 04, 2006, 01:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

Ok, I'm thinking that we need a portable telly/DVD player at the nationals with lots of Monty Python playing.

Seeing as we all tend to quote MP on here all the time I thought (dangerous idea I know) it might be an idea.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Big Chris

Be warned if you want a powerpoint it will cost you the earth.
Flying is like riding a bike only its harder to get the playing cards in the spokes

Martin H

QuoteOk, I'm thinking that we need a portable telly/DVD player at the nationals with lots of Monty Python playing.

Seeing as we all tend to quote MP on here all the time I thought (dangerous idea I know) it might be an idea.
its a no go lance. as chris said, it costs way to much for a power surply. Much more than we could afford.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Jennings

How about simply a laptop with a DVD player?

J

Bring out your dead!  Bring out your dead!
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Radish

BRILLIANT :lol:

Can I be Spiney Norman?
Or the dead Parrot?? :lol:  :ar:  :ar:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Martin H

thats workable, but it needs to be one hell of a battery lol.

the harrier sig have had a dvd/ lap top display for a few years now, and Telford charges them a kings ransom for the privlage of haveing such a hi tech display. yet all it seems to be is a glorified exstension lead dropped from the roof.
Unfortunately,

Ian the Kiwi Herder

A word of caution, guys - Can anybody here say C O P Y R I G H T

........ We are contemplating an unauthorised public broadcast of a very well known perfomance. You're all familiar with the really annoying 'small print' on the front of the DVD/Video that mantions not for re-broadcast etc without the proper licensing agreements etc. If anybody in the hall had a mind to take the matter to 'the authorities' you/we/the IPMS/Telford etc etc etc could very quickly find themselves in a world of litigation and court proceedings.

Just a thought

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Martin H

QuoteA word of caution, guys - Can anybody here say C O P Y R I G H T

........ We are contemplating an unauthorised public broadcast of a very well known perfomance. You're all familiar with the really annoying 'small print' on the front of the DVD/Video that mantions not for re-broadcast etc without the proper licensing agreements etc. If anybody in the hall had a mind to take the matter to 'the authorities' you/we/the IPMS/Telford etc etc etc could very quickly find themselves in a world of litigation and court proceedings.

Just a thought

Ian
well spotted Ian.....very true.
Unfortunately,

Ollie

Here's one for you :

"What if me tossed out the window the copyright rules?"

:P  

John Howling Mouse

I'd just have it playing and, if anyone asks, tell 'em I'm just watching it for my own amusement.  Anyone has trouble with that during the show should immediately be faced with a live/impromptu re-enactment of the whole argument skit!  Sad when we are down to this kind of thing where simple humour is involved.

:D
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

NARSES2

Sorry to put a dampner on things Lance but apart from Copywrite and power concerns you'd also have security to consider. You know what happens on the stand, some of us wander off to open our wallets and leave a couple of lads around, sometimes looking after the 3 SIG's. They get talking to a punter and voila you have a very tempting morsel lying around. 99.99999999% of modelers are decent chaps but all of us who have attended shows have heard of those who go around pinching things and one or two of us have "lost" kits for sale. I wouldn't feel comfortable having to look after someone's laptop and wouldn't volunteer mine - the antique value is to high  :D

As an alternative try and lay your hands on the scripts and we'll organise an impromptu skit or two  ;)

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

B777LR

QuoteCan anybody here say C O P Y R I G H T
Yes i can! Learned that at school!  :P  :P  :P  

lancer

Fair enough guy's, as i said it was only an idea.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

And a very good one too.

Can I still dress up?
Can I wear a silly hat?
Should we ask Nev to do a Silly Walk?
Who's bringing The Cumfy Chair?
Could I be The Spanish Inquisition and burn a JMN Heretic?? (That gives me an idea for a model/diorama, actually)

I also have an idea for an Su-27 Christmas Tree. :lol: