OV-10 Bronco

Started by PanzerWulff, August 04, 2006, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrenP

kitbasher

Oh no, now you've made we want to buy a Bronco kit!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on January 04, 2014, 10:02:58 AM
Oh no, now you've made we want to buy a Bronco kit!

That top one does look nice doesn't it  :thumbsup:

Being stupid I'm allowed to ask daft questions  :blink: Does the NI in NI Flight simply stand for Northern Ireland ? Or is it something technical ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 05, 2014, 02:41:47 AM
Being stupid I'm allowed to ask daft questions  :blink: Does the NI in NI Flight simply stand for Northern Ireland ? Or is it something technical ?

'Night Intruder' maybe? It's a 'D' so it has the IR pod under the nose, handy for spotting the odd PIRA 'Active Service Group' crossing the border perhaps?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 05, 2014, 05:52:02 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 05, 2014, 02:41:47 AM

'Night Intruder' maybe? It's a 'D' so it has the IR pod under the nose, handy for spotting the odd PIRA 'Active Service Group' crossing the border perhaps?

Seeing that the operating base is given as RAF Aldergrove I would say that NI flight stands for Northern Ireland although perhaps giving it a flight number such as "1829 Flight RAF Aldergrove" would have been more appropriate.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DarrenP

Yes the Bronco is the Northern Ireland Flight used for "Photographic reconnaissance" though many observers noted additional antenna which was passed of by official comments about communications with army and RUC.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Another Bump

WRT the Civil fuselage, could you use one from a helicopter? I'm thinking something like a late Kamov variant could work.
That's what I'll be using, but that's cos I'm cheap and lazy...

PR19_Kit

Maybe, it's almost square in section, and then you'd need to add the ramp and sort out the nose.

I really MUST finish mine, it's been 6 years since I did anything on it!  :o

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

jsport

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 10, 2015, 07:08:11 AM
Maybe, it's almost square in section, and then you'd need to add the ramp and sort out the nose.

I really MUST finish mine, it's been 6 years since I did anything on it!  :o

please :thumbsup: do

Rick Lowe

Ooh, OOh - what about the Airfix Islander kit, Kit? (feeble attempt at humour)
It's square in section, and an angled rear with a door would be a doddle.
The wingroots may even be in the right place... or you could use the Islander wings with the Bronco booms?

That would, of course, leave 2X podded engines for another project... ...

PR19_Kit

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Islander is too narrow for a CV-10. At the time I started work on that the Islanders were almost impossible to find and scratching the fuselage was a lot easier.

Regards
Kit

Flyer

Anybody kit a GAF Nomad?
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Bungle

Quote from: Flyer on April 13, 2015, 06:38:36 AM
Anybody kit a GAF Nomad?

I believe there is a Australian 1/72nd kit by 'Uncle Les' perhaps our southern friends know more.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)