Great find in the stash !!

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, August 07, 2006, 07:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Completely forgot about the Hasegawa F-20 I bought off eBay sometime last...... er.... sometime ! - Digging around in the stash after a housemove is just great. All sorts of weird and wonderful stuff comes to the surface. Sort-of the modelers equivelant of stirring up a muddy pool, you never know what you're going to find.

I went up there to find the 1:48 Bullpup missiles that I swapped with Mossie for a pair of 1:48 Sea Eagles and came down with this little beauty too !

I'm not going to officially enter the  One Week GB - sorry Nev - 'cos I just take too d*mn long to paint anything at-all. But I reckon once I start building two evenings should see it done.

.....now what scheme should I threaten it with ? :unsure:

.....Hmmmm how's about an aggresor like this

I got a beautiful, old MicroScale sheet of aggressor markings at the Bolton Show in the Spring  :wub:

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Amphion

Amphion

Shasper

You could do it up in the initial F-16N scheme, or one of the VFC-13 splinters, ect.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Gervasius

Baldrick: I followed Mr Da Vinci's instructions to the letter.
Blackadder: Even though you can't actually read.
Baldrick: No, but I have done a lot of Airfix models in my time.

Leigh

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

AeroplaneDriver

If you have the appropriate decals hidden away in the stash, a Thunderbirds F-20 would look spiffy!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

philp

You can check out the post SC did a while ago with a bunch of different schemes for this plane.

By the way, anybody seen SC for a while?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Son of Damian

QuoteAir Superiority Grey !
:o  :o  :o  :o  :o

How dare you!!!  :angry:  Not With a F-20 Tiger Shark!!!  :angry:
:P  :P

How about a Bahamian Air Defence Force F-20, in some way cool over water blue scheme, like Black-Ops Barbadoian Mig-29.

An Iranian F-20 bought during the Iran-Contra affair, in the new blue & grey air superiority scheme that has been apllied to there Fulcrums and Tomcats.

Or a Greek Tigershark in that kick a$$ Agean Ghost scheme.

QuoteIf you have the appropriate decals hidden away in the stash, a Thunderbirds F-20 would look spiffy!

Dude, sweeet!!!  B)  
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

anthonyp

Nono...  I got the perfect scheme for it:

Conch Republic Defense Force

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Ian the Kiwi Herder

All good ideas chaps - except you Amphion !  :dum: - if you think I'm mad enuff to cut all those tiny bits of masking tape............. (did i mention this is 1:72... oh no I didn't, fair enough). As much as I love Swedish splinter camo, the kit is just too small for fat fingers like mine.......... now if I ever find a Monogram 1:48 kit AT A SENSIBLE PRICE, then who can say !!

ATM I'm still inclined to a USN or USAF Aggressor but in one of the sand/earth schemes. Perhaps a random dazzle pattern, hmmmmm.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

MartG

Quotenow if I ever find a Monogram 1:48 kit AT A SENSIBLE PRICE, then who can say !!
Ian
What do you call sensible - just sold one on fleabay for £16 + p&p. Got another two available if you're interested

BTW I'm currently working on no less than 6 F-20s - some I've decided on the colour scheme ( eg one 2 seater F-20B version in Red Arrows scheme and another in the current all gloss black RAF trainer scheme ) but others are still undecided, especially the RF-20A one ( nose off an Airfix RF-5  ;) )
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Made a decision on the colours, they will be pretty close to this one from VMFT-401. But I'm still thinking about a 'dazzle' pattern. It will be, erm.... different  :unsure:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Dork the kit slayer

Your all WRONG :P  :P  :P

German lizard thats the way to go......just like the last F-104's. <_<

Remember the talk about the Germans taking over the license to build them as an Alpha jet replacement???...of course you do!!..so how can you be so WRONG. :P  :P  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Aircav

Japanese in the blue camo  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Shasper

That could work.

BTW, Aircav- how's your F-20 comin along?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.