Welsh Roundels

Started by Geoff, August 14, 2006, 05:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welsh Roundels

1 Iranian style red, white, green roundels with 3 colour rudder stripes?
1 (3.7%)
2, Red dragons on a green and white roundel with the flag on the tail and a low viz option?
14 (51.9%)
3, The cross of St David (gold cross on a black field similar to Cross of St George)?
2 (7.4%)
4,Three colour roundels with CoSt D on the rudder (think Spanish AF)?
0 (0%)
5, Somthing else?
10 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Geoff

:zzz:  

retro_seventies

it just has to be the dragon geoff! - unless you go for iranian style on the wings and fuselage, with a dragonon the tail....might be easier that way?

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Runway ? ...

If you can get the graphic done then I'd have to say dragon.
Would a leek work ?
Dunno just throwing ideas out   :)  

retro_seventies

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Radish

How about a sheep in a green/red roundel?
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Geoff_B

How about the the standard RAF marking but done as per Australia and New Zealand with a Red Dragon instead of the Roo or bird.

Martin H

Quote3, The cross of St David (gold cross on a black field similar to Cross of St George)?
Shouldnt that be more like a cross of st Andrew rather than st George geoff?

But Thorvics idea for A red dragon in a roundle would be workable if an Independant wales was still a commonwealth country.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Captain Canada

I voted number 2, as the Dragon idea is just too good to pass up. Thorvics variation on your idea sounds even better, tho. And you could still use your own flag on the tail.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

elmayerle

I vote for the roundel of #2 with the CoStD on the rudder.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Aircav

Green background roundel with a thin white outer and a red dragon in thee center  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

retro_seventies

QuoteThats the symbol of the heir to the English throne, Prince of Wales being a title Edward gave to his son in 1301, and is not Welsh. Personal predudice in this one I'm afraid!

sorry geoff, i feel a bit of a pillock now...  :ph34r:  

Jennings

I'd always envisioned something like this:

J

"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Bryan H.

Why not the red dragon (#2 option) rondelle with the cross of St. David on the tail?

:cheers: Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

TsrJoe

i like the whatif idea of devolved UK. forces each with their own 'Commonwealth' marking in red within a standard blue roundel, a'la, Australia, NZ, Canada, etc... similar in concept to the design posted prev by Jennings...
hmmm...Welsh with a dragon, Scottish a thistle, English a ...hmm? (rose? what colour tho!), N.Ireland??? (im thinking 502 sqdn?)

be neat as a set of decals?

as for truly independent forces (very very whatif!), Jennings green outlined roundel looks good, for Scots possibly a blue disc with white cross, English with 3 lions, lol, N.Irish..??

happy modelling, cheers, Joe  :ph34r:

hmm..a Scottish Air Force TSR.2...lol
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Mossie

If your going all celtic, how about white, green & red in the triple Yin Yang (don't know it's real name) like the Irish roundel?

Or white & green in a Yin Yang style with the Dragon superimposed?

You've got me thinking about Yorkshire markings now.....hmmm.

Simon.

PS, I guess a 'devolved' English roundel would have a red rose or maybe a Lion?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.