At the Mountains of Madness

Started by cthulhu77, August 20, 2006, 06:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

So, here I was, feeling both gibbous and squamous...so, it was perfectly the time to start on a rather large project, especially even more so in that it is the day of our esteemed author's birthday!  HPL, rest in peace (until the stars are right again, of course)

Leigh

QuoteSo, here I was, feeling both gibbous and squamous...so, it was perfectly the time to start on a rather large project, especially even more so in that it is the day of our esteemed author's birthday!  HPL, rest in peace (until the stars are right again, of course)

What the hell are you smoking? Or is it what i'm not smoking? Don't understand a word of wot you said :blink:  

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

retro_seventies

google "cthulu" it'll all make sense leigh!

i have that kit greg - i was sucked in by the description that i saw online that said "complete with dog team"...how could i refuse!

looking forward VERY much to seeing what you are planning for this bad boy....

:cheers:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Captain Canada

Neat-o...I love the dog team !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

QuoteWhat the hell are you smoking? Or is it what i'm not smoking? Don't understand a word of wot you said :blink:
Gibbous - On the large side, or between half and full, like 'a gibbous Moon'

Squamous - scaley

So, he's doing something in a large scale!  ;)  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Brian da Basher

Wow Greg seeing this brought back some great memories! I built it (rather poorly) about 13 years ago, although I binned the eskimoes and dog team. I can't wait to see how yours comes out! Is it 1/48? I seem to recall mine was 1/72.

Brian da Basher

Ian the Kiwi Herder

How close are the 'Mountains of Madness' to the 'Cliffs of Insanity' ?

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

cthulhu77

QuoteHow close are the 'Mountains of Madness' to the 'Cliffs of Insanity' ?

Ian
Just a little further along the Plains of Leng...when there is no moon, you can almost see Yuggoth!

I'm hoping that a diorama with snow in it will make me feel a little cooler.

Captain Canada

I'm hoping that a diorama with snow in it will make me feel a little cooler.
Don't go changing, Greg....you're cool enough already !

;)

As for snow dios, I was thinking papier mache and some of that spray on snow stuff you put on the windows at Christmas. I'll try it one of these days !

:wacko:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

QuoteSo, here I was, feeling both gibbous and squamous...so, it was perfectly the time to start on a rather large project, especially even more so in that it is the day of our esteemed author's birthday!  HPL, rest in peace (until the stars are right again, of course)

What the hell are you smoking? Or is it what i'm not smoking? Don't understand a word of wot you said :blink:
HP Lovecraft, author of the Call of Cthulu series of horror short stories.  I was really into him around the time I was a 6th former.  Then I realised that, just like Star Trek, there's just half a dozen plot-lines he uses and just re-cycles so I got bored and moved on.  That and everyone would be writing in their journal as the monster came to get them as if they were talking over the phone "he's here!!....he's.....aarrghhh....can't.....write......any...arrhggharrghgh!!!!"  <_<  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

cthulhu77

Ahhh...but you might want to read the writings of all of the others...Stephen King, Robert Bloch...so many great Cthulhu stories!  HPL was a hack writer, no doubt, but he generated an entire massive group of followers.

I heavily recommend "Jerusalem's Lot" by S. King (based on HPL ) and "The Freshman" by Phillips J. Farmer, as evidence of what a genius that hack writer was...

starting with a simple scratch cockpit:

Radish

SNOW DIORAMA= Bicarbonate of Soda, fixed with a spray on glue. :tank:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

cthulhu77

Leigh

Oh you were talking about those piles of paper, with words on, books I think they're called, yeah I've got some too but mine are all pictures, gotta try reading a story one day I hear they're quite popular.

So how you gonna wif the dog team? eh? Dragon's head on a husky and an eskimo with eight legs?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models