Revell 1/72 - Transall C-160 "First Testshot" Opti

Started by Deino, August 21, 2006, 01:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

QuoteOoooooohhh...take a couple of 1/72 V-22s and I can make a four engined, tilt rotor transport!!!!  I'd rather have one of these in 1/48, as 1/72 makes my eyes twitch and burn something fierce.  

What?  So I like tiltrotors...is that a crime? :blink:
Well, I was wondering who would be the first to suggest converting it to a 4-engined job, but I didn't imagine it would be a tiltrotor!  :P  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Could always take the wing and engines off a 1/48 Osprey and add them to a 1/72 Transall fuselage  ;)  :P  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mossie

QuoteWhy they've wasted this much effort on a Transall is beyond me, when they could have done a C-130H/J and made 1000x as much money with it.  But maybe they'll do one at some point.
If Revell did a Herc it might be seen as stepping on Italeri's toes?  With these two being such good mates at the moment, if Revell produced a kit that clearly blew Italeri's far from perfect offering out of the water it may ruffle a few feathers.

If they're planning on a more big kits, a C-17 is desperately needed & they'd sell tons in the US.  I'm suprised Trumpeter hasn't done one.  Get the planning permission in now for the extension you'll need to display a 1/72 beast!

Simon.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Now that Canada & Oz are getting in on the C-17 act, its surely only a matter of time before Trumpeter or Revell do one in 144th *crosses fingers*
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

QuoteGermany Doesn't use Hercs thats why.
They are interested in leasing some C-130J-30s though! They need some, coz the C-160s cant go non-stop to afganistan, but a C-130J can.

They did buy some secondhand lockheed P-3 orions, so perhaps they might go for C-130 as well?

Geoff_B

QuoteGermany Doesn't use Hercs thats why. Now i do hope they do the A400M to the same standard and scale once the prototype is unveiled.
HOWEVER... what I read is that they're going to get some pending deliveries (if they ever actually occur) of the A400.  

They'd still sell 1000:1 C-130s over either Transalls *or* A400s.  Which one of those three has been in constant production since 1955?   Which one of those three is flown by pratcially every nation on earth (well, a huge majority anyway)?   Which one of those three has something like 200 different versions?  Which one of those three has had more color schemes than Emelda Marcos has shoes?

J
If Germany are then its more likely they will repop the Italeri kit as Airfix did and put the design team towards the A400M. Revell have a good working arrangement with Airbus and as such will have first dibs on doing a kit (hopefully 1/72 as i imagine they will want to tie in with some of their Germay Military vehice range).

Persoanl preferenace i would of course prfer to see the HS 681 Aldershot in kit form but that ain't likely to happen.

G

LemonJello

What?  So I like tiltrotors...is that a crime? :blink:
Uh oh.  Do I smell a member title coming? :dum:
I'll take that one with pride.  

And it really would look pretty cool as a 4 engine tilt rotor...just sayin'...
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.