N

Regianne Re-2200?

Started by naoto, August 22, 2006, 09:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naoto

Just curious... Anybody hear of such an aircraft?

Main reason for asking is one of the figures of the "Mechamusume" series:
http://www.konami.jp/th/figure/mecha2/line...ne_re-2200.html
(I recognize most of the stuff for the Mechamusume stuff, 'cept for this one)

The box for the resin figure is amusing (gee... where have I seen a kit box like that...)
http://www.garekiya.jp/old/gk/mg/re2200/re2200.html

Son of Damian

Never heard of it. Doesn't it have to have wings to be an aircraft???

Reggiane's last project was the 2007 I believe, a single engine jet fighter from around 1943/44.

As it may have looked in Regia Aeronautica service
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

jcf

QuoteNever heard of it. Doesn't it have to have wings to be an aircraft???

Reggiane's last project was the 2007 I believe, a single engine jet fighter from around 1943/44.

As it may have looked in Regia Aeronautica service
According to some Italian historians the 2007 never existed, and that after years of looking for evidence they turned up absolutely nothing. No wartime drawings, no descriptions or engineering documents. Nada, bupkus...which would be a very unusual turn of affairs if the aircraft had ever been worked on.
All of the existing "documentation" is post-war and of doubtful provenance.
They have a point, because you'd think that if the Italians had been working on such a project  they would have continued it post-war rather than starting over with the mostly wood Ambrosini/AERFER Sagittario.

The anime Re 2200 looks like something that Colani would design and Colani is still very popular in Japan.

Cheers, Jon

B777LR

Hmmm, add some swept back wings, paint over the saddle, and remove the cat and the strings holding it, and uve got a plane!