Anyone know what this is ?

Started by MartG, August 22, 2006, 10:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartG

Anyone care to guess what this is. I  found it while emptying my loft ready to move house – all I remember is that I built it about 15 years ago, and I think it was from the Tomy Lensman cartoon series. Just thought it was a cool design B)

If I come across any other models I think may be of interest I'll post a few pics :wacko:  
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

B777LR

Its a whiff! :P

How about doing it in soviet markings as the foxbat 3?

BlackOps

If you find out what it is make sure you let us know...it's pretty cool and I wouldn't mind finding one myself.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

MartG

Answered my own question – sometimes it pays off if you NEVER throw anything out – I found the original instructions ( or "scrutchions" as my son used to call them when he was 2 ). Also came across two more models from the same series.

MartG

Ollie

That yellow thing was in an older FSM IIRC.

:unsure:  

elmayerle

Ah, "Lensman", which felt like a cross between the original books by "Doc" Smith and Star Wars.  Not bad but I much prefer the original.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

NARSES2

QuoteAh, "Lensman", which felt like a cross between the original books by "Doc" Smith and Star Wars.  Not bad but I much prefer the original.
Great fan of the "Lensman" and "Skylark" series myself

Interesting kits
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

MartG

QuoteAh, "Lensman", which felt like a cross between the original books by "Doc" Smith and Star Wars.  Not bad but I much prefer the original.

Interesting kits
Yep - obviously nothing like the teardrop or globe shaped ships in the books, but interesting nonetheless

Madoc

Mart,

Obviously, the proper identification of these models will require personal and long term inspection.  So, in order to accomplish that obviously proper thing, send them all to me and I'll make sure they're properly identified!

Yeah, that's the ticket!  Send them to me MartG.... Send them all to me!!!!

B)

Madoc
Wherever you go, there you are!

Kurlan Naiskos

I'm very surprised you found these models intact after all these years.....
you must be one hechuva packer!!!

elmayerle

QuoteAh, "Lensman", which felt like a cross between the original books by "Doc" Smith and Star Wars.  Not bad but I much prefer the original.
If you can find it in a used book store over there ('tis lots more likely than finding it over here, since it was published in the UK), there's "The Best of E. E. "Doc" Smith" that collects a number of his non-series stories and there's a nice variety.  I forget exactly where it's published ("The Universes of Robert A. Heinlein" perhaps?), but Heinlein's appreciation of "Doc" Smith is a fascinating read.

Note, also done only in British paperback publication was "New Lensman" by William B. Ellern, the only author "Doc" Smith ever gave permission to write in his "Lensman" universe.

And on a more humorous note, look for Randall Garrett's "Backstage Lensman" novelette (I seem to remember it's in one of the "Best of..." collections of his work), it's a hilarious send-up that received Doc's blessing and polishing.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

MartG

QuoteI'd love to get me hands on a Britannia.  How big is it?

320mm long, inc. the vane things on its arse end

MartG

QuoteI'm very surprised you found these models intact after all these years.....
you must be one hechuva packer!!!
Lots of Andrex bogroll :rolleyes:  :D