New Airfix Nimrod sighted

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, August 23, 2006, 09:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Suppose I'm the last one to see this, but I don't recall anybody posting it here. No sign of the Canberras yet though. Ahh well. Enjoy.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

First time I've seen it ! Pretty cool painting.....not nearly as cheesy as the TSR.2 boxing. They sure have a thing for showing smoke pouring out of old birds !

Can't wait to build one of those...long live the Nimrod !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

B777LR

nev

yeah the box art was shown on ARC a couple of months ago.

Last months SAMI said it would now be Q1 2007 with Canberras to follow.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

BlackOps

Dagnabit! I want to see a better pic of the battle Mech thats sitting next to the Wallace and Gromit Anti Pesto Van box. I can't quite make out the name at the bottom.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

MerlinJones

The Mech is something from the Robogear range

Regards,
Bruce

F-32

I interrogated the Airfix rep at the flying legends show as to when I could expect my Nimrod to arrive from Hannants.......................he didn't know :angry:

I think its going to be finished in high viz US Navy colours.

Big Chris

QuoteI interrogated the Airfix rep at the flying legends show as to when I could expect my Nimrod to arrive from Hannants.......................he didn't know :angry:
Seemed a little more tight lipped with you than me then.  
Flying is like riding a bike only its harder to get the playing cards in the spokes

Martin H

Quotehe didn't know :angry:
Im betting he was telling the truth.

9 times out of 10, sales people are the last to know when something new is due to arrive.  Hence the claimed due out dates that prove wide of the mark....pure guess work.

The sales staff at my place have a hell of a time getting info on production issues out of our production office, then again those of us in the production team have a hell of a time getting info out of the production office.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Jeffry Fontaine

Will the Airfix Nimrod have a proper weapons bay?  Or will it be just a representation of weapons bay doors molded into the fuselage halves?  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

nev

Who knows.  If its owt like the TSR2 it will have the weapons bay, but a very basic one.  Doing a fully detailed bay like Revell or Tamiya would just isn't the Airfix way.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May