Need some ideas.... suggestions welcome

Started by Iranian F-14A, August 23, 2006, 10:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iranian F-14A

AH-64A Apache-Bahrain

AH-64A Apache-South Africa

AH-64A Apache-Sweden
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever-1984
Current projects:
BAe EAP
OH-58F Kiowa Warrior
S-70C Civilian Hawk
HAL Light Combat Helicopter
S-64 Skycrane Firefighter

elmayerle

QuoteCalifornia Highway Patrol....Maybe that will stop all those speeders :lol:
That one definitely has to be a Longbow Apache - and parked right next to a "Road Patrolled by Radar" sign.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Mossie

I like a NY/LAPD version, Blue Thunder Mk.II!  I wonder ig Humberside Police will order one, take care of the scallys that nicked my Dad's fisshing gear!

Simon.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Matt Wiser

How about South American Apaches? Say, Ecuador, Chile, Brazil, Argentina?

For additional Mideast customers: Oman, Jordan, Pakistan.

SEA customers: Thailand, Malaysia.

A real what-if: A surviving South Vietnam?

Europe: Poland, Italy, Czech Republic.  
Treat everyone you meet with kindness and respect; but always have a plan to kill them.

Old USMC adage

Iranian F-14A

Ok,what do you guys think of my attempt at the radar equipped AH-64B+ Sea Apache? One question on this model.Could it carry the AIM-120 AMRAAM? I was thinking of doing it with the AGM-84 on the inboard,an AIM-120 on the outboard and the AIM-9 on the wingtip.May replace the AIM-9 with an AIM-132 ASRAAM.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever-1984
Current projects:
BAe EAP
OH-58F Kiowa Warrior
S-70C Civilian Hawk

elmayerle

QuoteOk,what do you guys think of my attempt at the radar equipped AH-64B+ Sea Apache? One question on this model.Could it carry the AIM-120 AMRAAM? I was thinking of doing it with the AGM-84 on the inboard,an AIM-120 on the outboard and the AIM-9 on the wingtip.May replace the AIM-9 with an AIM-132 ASRAAM.
Looks good to me, though you might want to consult this site and the side views it has.  Very interesting material shown there; lots of whiffery potential.  And that's even without going "the next step" and adding a NOTAR tail in place of the tail rotor.   Anyway, going by what's shown, I don't see any reason your proposed armament fit wouldn't work.  *chuckle* For anti-ship work, how about replacing the normal Hellfire with the anti-ship version the Swedes use from ground launchers?

PS:  Googling "Sea Apache" also leads you to the FAS write-up which includes lots of useful info on USMC testing, including wingtip Sidewinders (ASRAMMs make much more sense) and info on the stores potential proposed for the Sea Apache.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Spey_Phantom

BlackOps made this profile a while ago for a Belgian army apache.
but honnestly, ithink if belgium would buy a new attack helo,
it would have chosen the mangusta or the Tiger ARH  B)  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Iranian F-14A

NYPD gets the Apache!.I was wondering about laving the gun on or removing it.I decided to leave it and have the underwing stores be simple external tanks.I don't see the need fro Hydras and Hellfires in NYC.Then again......... ;) .Although,I did serious think about wingtip Stingers,maybe to use against sucidial Cessnas,like the one that hit that bank building in FL.
Current projects:
BAe EAP
OH-58F Kiowa Warrior
S-70C Civilian Hawk

dragon

If you are going to make an LAPD Apache, they you have two choices:
Standard LAPD Helo or LAPD SWAT Apache. B)  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Iranian F-14A

LAPD
I have to say,the Apache does look good in both LAPD and NYPD colors.
Current projects:
BAe EAP
OH-58F Kiowa Warrior
S-70C Civilian Hawk

Lord Darth Beavis

Any chance of a New Orleans PD Apache?  As bad as things are there, they'd be much welcomed! :unsure:

Or, maybe a New Orleans Harbor Police Apache...lots of crime on the riverfront down there! :ph34r:  
3 Time National Champions: 1958, 2003, 2007

2 BCS Championships: 2003, 2007

How many BCS trophies in your trophy room, USC?

Geaux Tigers!

Mossie

Also a Humberside Police version?!?

You can leave the weapons on, there's a fair bit of car crime round here!

Simon.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Radish

Brilliant....brilliant.....

We NEEd Police decals!!! :lol:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

SebastianP

What about the Apache as a flying fire apparatus? Replace the gun with a water cannon, add four external tanks, and a retractable reloading snorkel like on the Fire Hawk, and it would make an excellent vehicle for fighting skyscraper fires.

Someday I'll have to make my own Sea Apache - I'm just waiting for them to come out with a good 1/72 Longbow first. I don't want to try it in 1/48 even if all the pieces are finally available...

(The whole thing involves fitting the main rotor, tailwheel and horizontal stabilizer from a Seahawk on the Longbow; adding some lumps and bumps, and painting it gray...

Iranian F-14A

AH-64A Apache-LA County Fire Dept.

With the Fire Apache,I done away with the chaingun and installed a water drop tank under the belly.The main landing gear could retract during flight and then extend to give enough ground clearance for the tank on the ground.
Current projects:
BAe EAP
OH-58F Kiowa Warrior
S-70C Civilian Hawk