Hybrid B17/24

Started by kitnut617, August 26, 2006, 06:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Jennings

I'm assuming this is news to you?  :)  I thought it was pretty cool in the ealry 1970s!

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

John Howling Mouse

Definitely news to me as well!!   So much fun to see people building What Ifs in 1:1 scale...!   :P  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

QuoteI thought it was pretty cool in the ealry 1970s!

One more reason why we should bring back the seventies !

Great find Kitnut...who knew ? That 'thing' is awesome ! Can't believe we haven't seen one modeled yet !

Cheers
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

elmayerle

If you've got the Putnam book on Boeing aircraft, I seem to remember it had a three-view of a studied high-wing, tricycle-geared B-17 derivative that was "inspired" by the B-24.  Now the book I really wish I could lay hands on was one published during or just after WW II on the evolution, design, and building of the Flying Fortress because in it's pages there's side and top views of a rear gun-position proposal that kept the tapered aft fuselage of the early B-17s, added a faired-in gun position, and went with twin vertical tails.  I wish I'd copied that when I saw it, or at least could easily access it.

PS.  Speaking of that gun position, if anyone has a good, high-res 3-view of a B-17D, I'm game to try and recreate what I saw from memory.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

kitnut617

QuoteI'm assuming this is news to you?  :)  I thought it was pretty cool in the ealry 1970s!

J
Hi J,

Yes it is new to me. And I only stumbled on it when I was looking for something else.   Mind you just being on this forum has had me find numerous things I've never heard of before.  :blink:

:cheers: Robert

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Jennings

QuoteCan't believe we haven't seen one modeled yet !
Oh, you youngsters.  There was one at an IPMS/USA convention decades ago... :)  There truly is nothing new under the sun!

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

John Howling Mouse

QuoteThere truly is nothing new under the sun!

J
I heard there's a certain "new" article in an upcoming issue of "MAM" however...

:P  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.