Not another Viper....

Started by Scooterman, August 27, 2006, 12:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

You better believe it!  This is the beginnings of the crap 1/48 Academy kit.  The gap is 1mm at least.  I used sheet stock and milliput.....

Scooterman

Office.  Notice the red areas of the instruments.  Wonder why?   ;)  

Scooterman

Scooterman

Fuselage.  Gun 'removed' and filled with 'items'.  The little red area is under a small window.  Hmmm......

Stay tuned!

SebastianP

But will it be ready by Christmas?

SP

B777LR

Quotecrap 1/48 Academy kit.  The gap is 1mm at least.
If thats how you feel about 1 mm, then dont buy the 1/72 KP Aero L-29 Delphin...

Leigh

QuoteOffice.  Notice the red areas of the instruments.  Wonder why?   ;)
Furry Red Screaming ALIEN ant pilots?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Shasper

Quotecrap 1/48 Academy kit.  The gap is 1mm at least.
If thats how you feel about 1 mm, then dont buy the 1/72 KP Aero L-29 Delphin...
Or their L-39...

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

John Howling Mouse

Speaking of gaps, I thought it quite amusing that FSM's current issue has an article on the secrets of fixing gaps and seams and what do they use as a subject for demonstrating the techniques?   A Tamiya 1:48 Skyraider!

Sure, the techniques are valid regardless of their subject but I really would have liked to see the author fix the 1:48 Airfix Jaguar that I've got (I even tried the hot water trick to reshape the fuselage halves: no dice).

Or a Mach 2 "Provider" with gaping voids where insufficient pressure was used in the molding process.

Nah, the guy creates the world's finest sliver of stretched sprue for some alleged "gap" b/w the parts.

Okay, I'm better now.

Nice Viper, nice Viper...   B)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Wow great work on overcoming this kit's "built-in" challenges, Scooterman! By the time you're done, no one will know that horrendous gap was there! Excellent job!

Hmmm a wee little window...my guess is for photo-recce missions.

Brian da Basher

Keith Diamond

alright, you've got my interest.  What's it gonna be?

me likey Vipers -> :f16:  
Man, we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a poo-poo.

GeorgeC

They are for the lasers, or was that the Battlestar Galactica Viper :)

Regards

GeorgeC  

Scooterman

Sorry to keep you hanging guys.  Another update.

Banger-

Scooterman

White undercoat for the red to follow.  I hate spraying white.  No matter what brand, type, airpressure, thinner ratio, doesn't matter.  Whatever it'll be overcoated. :P