Not another Viper....

Started by Scooterman, August 27, 2006, 12:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

Scooterman

lancer

That is looking real nice Brad. Does the TD on the fin mean Target Drone ???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

anthonyp

TD tailcodes are assigned to Tyndall AFB.  Its one of the target drone operating bases in the US.

Can't think of a better idea for a Viper, especially those early F-16A's  :ph34r:

Looks good!!

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Scooterman

QuoteDoes the TD on the fin mean Target Drone ???
Close.  Tyndall Drone.

Dunno if I'll get pics of it finished up tonight.  I have to finish this, repair a couple more and leave at 0-dark-thirty to go to a show.  Of course show report upon my return.

Brian da Basher

Sharp as a needle, Scooterman! I love the day-glo™ markings on this one! Stunning! B)

Brian da Basher

lancer

Glad I was pretty close wuith the TD thing. I have to admit, there huge appeal at seeing F16's used as targets... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Scooterman

Here's the finished product at the show this past weekend.

Scooterman

It got a few people.  

The other side.

And as always thanks for the comments!

Brian da Basher

Very impressive work, Scooterman! That Day-Glo™ orange next to the charcoal gray makes it a real head-turner! She's a beauty!
:f16:
Brian da Basher

NARSES2

Looks good with a bit of colour  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Archibald

Well it seems quite logical... after the exhaustion of the Phantom stock, it's time to use the early F-16s... :)
Very inventive, and beautiful plane...  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

nev

I like it!  It certainly would have fooled me :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

QuoteI like it!  It certainly would have fooled me :)
Ah but Nev, you get fooled by so many things in yer old age don't ya... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Great idea and beautifully realised, Scooterdude, any chance of some bigger photos ????

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)