Favorite Whif Subjects

Started by Keith Diamond, August 28, 2006, 05:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Speaking of www.hlj.com products, did anyone else notice  this?

If only I spoke Japanese.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Keith Diamond

QuoteAnything ugly becomes French
Anything ugly, funky, wierd and just plain downright wrong becomes Russian.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

QuoteWhat can I say, I'm nationalistic about my state.

I know how you feel.  If anyone were ever to sneak a peak over at ARC, they'll see that I'm absolutely obsessed with Shaw AFB Vipers!  I've lived 10 minutes from the base since '88.  And naturally, I also like SC ANG Vipers, and anything that's flown out of Shaw AFB, Myrtle Beach AFB, or Clark AB (AF Brat).  I'm half Filipino, so that also explains the Phil AF interest.

QuoteClick here for the coolest US ANG markings, ever.

I have plans and decals to make both a F-16A ADF in those markings, as well as a F-4C.  You probably have seen pics of the F-4 I plan to build.  The one with Garfield on the nose?

QuoteAnd Keith... I hate you. A lot. You just gave me an idea for an F-15E for Canada. Seriously, it's like I don't have enough to build

Yeah, I'll build mine after I finish one of my real world F-15s I'm working on.  I'm currently working on a Monogram F-15A in the markings of the 555th TFTS.  After that, I plan on working on 5 Academy F-15s.  3 of which will be Whifs, and 2 of those Canukistani.

QuoteAnd what's wrong with the Philippines buying F-15A's and B's in 2004? They could afford 4 of them by then 

Baby steps, my friend baby steps.  :lol:  The Phil AF seriously considered buying the ex Pakistani F-16s a while back, so that's one reason why I chose them.  They also seem to be a nice and logical replacement for the F-5 fleet.  Also, I saw buying ex US Navy F-4Js as a logical next step to the F-8H fleet.  The A-10 idea came up after a discussion with my dad.  I was talking about the state of the Phil AF and their use of COIN aircraft, and he suggested A-37s.  Well, I don't have any spare A-37 kits around, but I did have a nice shiny A-10...
Man, we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a poo-poo.

Brian da Basher

I just love the Minicraft 1/144 B-29s for whiffing! Great little kit, although some may say the detail is a little sparse (in 1/144?!!). Even though I've probably whiffed every possible permutation of it (from B-50 to RB-50 to "retro-fitted" 1940 what-if to post-war airliner), I have trouble passing one when I see it for sale at the LHS. Honorable mention goes to another 1/144 Minicraft kit, their Grumman Avenger. I've used that kit as the base to whiff a Lockheed Vega, a Lockheed Cirrus, and a what-if Breuget "Gar" seaplane.

Brian da Basher

Bryan H.

Fav whif subjects...

Republican Spanish - the red, yellow & purple tail insignia and Soviet aircraft just seem to go great together.

Hypothetically modernized version of old favorites... A-4's, P-2 Neptunes, Mirage F.1's, G.91R's, F-14's...

And of course, all manner of Texas whiffery!

:cheers: Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk