Eastern Company Mosquito

Started by wolfik, September 01, 2006, 03:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeC

Beautiful model and the fold mechanism gives a real 'wow' factor.  I would suggest you don't over complicate the fold 'interface' as inserting too much metal into the wooden structure is just wasted weight.  This link has a model of the TR33 with wings folded.

http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/Aircraft...ft/Mosquito.htm

The tail and the prop blades are fairly high and the wings can't be folded to close to the fuselage so the Sea Mosquito went for something simple - surprising considering the Byzantine folding mechanisms of so many FAA types!    

Regards

GeorgeC

wolfik

some little progress....
it will be a two seater but the navigator will seat in the fuselage behind the pilot....
the torpedo /bomb bay was lenghtened to carry a  Mk.14 or...possible..two Mk.27  :rolleyes:
the radar nose is from the beau and the cockpit section was closed with a part from the Do335 from monogram.
the bomb bay doors are from the avenger which was destroyed in an accident. :(
so its all for today  :cheers:

regards!

wolfik

wolfik

the bomb bay is simple because it will be not visible when the torpedo is installed...

wolfik

ysi_maniac

Five stars  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
But, please, do not covert it in a drone.  ;)  
Will die without understanding this world.

Sisko

Man that's lookin nice!!!! :wub:

Your work always inspires.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

B777LR

In case you didnt notice  :P

QuoteBut, please, do not covert it in a drone. 

Quoteit will be a two seater but the navigator will seat in the fuselage behind the pilot....

wolfik

hi
no worry...the place for him will be in the rear fuselage with two bubble windows to see the ocean and enjoy the flight... :cheers:  

Archibald

Superb building! The mossie look so good with folded wings :)
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

John Howling Mouse

Looking forward to paint on this one, too!
Virtually immaculate work again, Peter.

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

wolfik

John....when the winter comes...the cold days...no sex in the field will be possible...so my time to paint all these kits will come.... ;)
hmhmm....I have actually no time for sex too...sorry...  :mellow:

best regards to my canadian fan  :cheers:  

lancer

QuoteJohn....when the winter comes...the cold days...no sex in the field will be possible...so my time to paint all these kits will come.... ;)
hmhmm....I have actually no time for sex too...sorry...  :mellow:

best regards to my canadian fan  :cheers:
Whats sex??? :P  :P  :P  :P  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

QuoteJohn....when the winter comes...the cold days...no sex in the field will be possible...so my time to paint all these kits will come.... ;)
hmhmm....I have actually no time for sex too...sorry...  :mellow:

best regards to my canadian fan  :cheers:
Whats sex??? :P  :P  :P  :P  :ph34r:  :ph34r:
I think it's something unmarried people do.

Or something.

Not nearly as much fun as plastic scale modelling, to be sure!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

GTX

QuoteBut, please, do not covert it in a drone.

Nothing wrong with unmanned aircraft!

Mind you another option springing from this pic:

Would be for a RAF 'Mistel' - Mosquito on bottom (with cockpit fared over as in pic, though probably without folding wings) and say a late model spit on top.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!