Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Trumpeter future releases from ARC

Quote1/32 AV-8B and Harrier GR7

F 100, A-7 later this year

tooling up for EE Lightning, F-8E/G, A-4, EA-6B all in 1/32

project started for 1/32 Buccaneer, 1/48 TSR 2, 1/32 F-4

Mosquito, no scale yet.

Tamiya also doing allied WWII fighter next year.

http://s102164210.onlinehome.us/forums/ind...showtopic=96519

Take it for what you will.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

IF it's true, they're all in the wrong bloody scale
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

GTX

If they do a 1/48 TSR 2 (and do it well), it will sell well.  I might even be interested.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

dragon

How come there are no modern british military figures in 1/35 scale (the SAS and SBS don't count)?  You can only find modern british military figures in that horrid soft vinyl in 1/72 (not that I mind the scale).   <_<  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

nev

QuoteIF it's true, they're all in the wrong bloody scale
yes, yes, but apart from that.....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Big Chris

QuoteIf they do a 1/48 TSR 2 (and do it well), it will sell well.  I might even be interested.

Regards,

Greg
Good line of thinking let Airfix test the water and then trump em with a 48th  bet the detail will be better.
Tamiya allied fighter???? Tempest maybe??? Lets hope its not something Hasegawa have already done  
Flying is like riding a bike only its harder to get the playing cards in the spokes

Radish

But what 1/35th TANKS could Trumpeter do?

Chieftain...later version than Tamiya?
?
?
?
:o  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Leigh

QuoteIF it's true, they're all in the wrong bloody scale
EXACTLY!!!!! :angry:

Where's the Lightning and Buccaneer in....

1/24th ???????

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

AeroplaneDriver

I was the one complaining, and while I still wold love to see more 1/72 and 1/48 stuff this news is great!  I havent built a 1/32 in a decade, but I would be very tempted by a Lightning!

Dragon,  The only foray I've ever made into figures was a set of Dragon 1/35 Desert Rats from the 1991 Gulf War.  I got them around 94-95, but I've seen the same set in hobby shops in the past year.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Jennings

Um, don't they already *do* a 1/32 A-7?

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

dragon

QuoteDragon,  The only foray I've ever made into figures was a set of Dragon 1/35 Desert Rats from the 1991 Gulf War.  I got them around 94-95, but I've seen the same set in hobby shops in the past year.
The ones I am after would be your common British Soldier armed with the Enfield PW so that I can show off say an FV107 Scimitar or a Challenger tank properly.  Maybe some 1/35 Gurkhas would be nice too. B)  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Big Chris

As for the Tamiya one, I'd be ecstatic with a DH Hornet, although a Tempest II would go down nicely.  It'll probably be something really dull though, like a Hellcat.
Thats my thinking they do seem to do stuff thats already out there. The P47 for starters yes it was more accurate than the Hasegawa kit but flaps aside I personaly dont think it was much of an improvment. Ten quid more expensive is a down side as well. A Wirlwind or a Defiant would be nice as well, the CA kits are all well and good but being a lazy git who doesn't like filling and sanding I know who's kit I would choose.
Flying is like riding a bike only its harder to get the playing cards in the spokes

Radish

Absolutely Chris, spot on.
The Academy P-47s at £13 are good enough for me, and I've a love of the Monogram Razorback Thunderbolt...about £7.
As for CA....stick 'em where the sun doesn't shine! Can't be arsed.
So.....I want (if it must be aircraft)....

Tempest II

er......can't think of any others..... ;)  :o  :o  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Well I must agree with Lance that they are the wrong scale but a 1/32 Lightning and Bucc'- I might just be tempted  :wub: , and Nev "Little Nev" could probably fly the Lightning :P

As for Tamiya - they ae bringing out a 1/72 "Birdcage" Corsair

Chris

PS Can you imagine the resin & pe extra's  :wacko:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Tamiya are issuing something new..... Spit IX series anybody  <_< , Typhoon, maybe  <_<  <_<  or maybe, now this would be really welcome, a series of Bf109's based on a generic F/G wing fuselage with different issues having different nose and tail sections and different decals. <_<  <_<  <_<

Sh*t, wonder why nobody else hasn't thought of that one !

Ian - far too cynical these days !
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)