British Subjects

Started by nev, September 02, 2006, 01:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnorth

Personally, I'd like to see Revell Germany or Academy hit some subjects in 1/72 like the EE Lightning.

As for the aforementioned Tempest II, I would like to see Academy follow up their MK.V with a MK.II despite the fact that I do have MPM's Tempest II in the stash.

I still want a 1/72 Bristol Brigand and new tool 1/72 Sea Vixen.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

nev

Jennings, I believe the A-7 is a USAF boxing.

Tamiya allied fighter - probly a P-38 or a Hellcat as they are the only major US WW2 fighters they haven't done.  

Except the P-40  :dum:

But you never know with Tamiya, occasionally they do pull a rabbit out the hat - cf the Swordfish & Meteor :)  There are still some Spit variants that aren't covered by the mainstream manufacturers in 1/48.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

QuoteIF it's true, they're all in the wrong bloody scale
yes, yes, but apart from that.....
But apart from that, there is STILL a lack of British subjects.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

Why not a new Super Duper F-16 with the new conformal tanks, etc..

A sure seller and lovely :f16:  :f16:  :f16:  :f16:  :f16:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Jeffry Fontaine

How come there are no modern british military figures in 1/35 scale (the SAS and SBS don't count)?  You can only find modern british military figures in that horrid soft vinyl in 1/72 (not that I mind the scale).

DML/Dragon did produce a 1/35th scale figure set that was released under the description of "Desert Rats" at about the same time that the SAS and SBS sets were released.

QuoteWho's stupid idea is it for yet another series of Bf 109s? Haven't we got enough of those f*cking things as it is? Oh, no, we haven't got the Bf 109G6/U3/R5 with the cigarette holder for the pilot. Hasegawa forgot to release that to the chagrin of all the wankers on Snyperscale, but hey, Ultrabits will release it in resin for twenty notes so they can all wank themselves into a frenzy.

Might be time to ask that question once again on how many ways can you paint an Me-109 to elicit a flurry of responses... May as well add the Tiger, Panther, and Fw-190 to that same question and bring out all of the "experten" at the same time.  

Armor models of subjects other than the US equipment is also quite scarce.  Aside from the very expensive offerings from Accurate Armour in resin, I would really like to see some decent and affordable kits of general service vehicles other than the HMMWV in 1/48th as well as 1/35th scale.  It would be nice to see the logistics and support side of the sword being represented since the support vehicles out number the combat vehicles in every army but they are the least represented.  I wish Academy would have followed through on that M728 Combat Engineer Vehicle kit that was in their catalog as a black and white drawing for so many years before disappearing completely.  It is a damned shame that there are no affordable 1/35th scale AVLB, ARV, and AVRE kits available besides the M88 from AFV Club/Revell of Germany (AFV Club kit in RoG box).  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

AeroplaneDriver

QuoteYou can take that F16 and insert it rectally, backwards with the undercarriage down.

Spits.  Most of the major variants are covered and there's conversion kits to do the others.  Yes, in IM PR19 would be nice - actually, a decent Mk 14 would be nice too.

Who's stupid idea is it for yet another series of Bf 109s?  Haven't we got enough of those f*cking things as it is?  Oh, no, we haven't got the Bf 109G6/U3/R5 with the cigarette holder for the pilot.  Hasegawa forgot to release that to the chagrin of all the wankers on Snyperscale, but hey, Ultrabits will release it in resin for twenty notes so they can all wank themselves into a frenzy.

Birdcage Corsair - isn't that just a change of canopy?

I repeat, a Tempest II or a Hornet.  Brigand is too obscure, although MPM/Special Hobby may get round to it.  There's talk of them doing a 48th Sea Vixen though, which will no doubt end up in 72nd.
My interests are more in the Cold War jets area, but since we're on the subject of British props, I'd like to see a nice injection Brigand to serve with UK forces in Vietnam.  Same kind of fit and detail as the Hase Beaus...that would be nice instead of another damn -109.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

retro_seventies

indeed so...

the fact remains that a 1/32 lightning would not only bankrupt me, but i would have NOWHERE to put it.

but i MUST have one.

:wub:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Daryl J.

:party: Unconfirmed rumors from HQ at Tamiya America have the new release is actually a HP Halifax B.III.   Given the high demand for expensive models and the lack of intellectual property royalties,  they decided to go ahead.

OK....

well....maybe not.

no...it's all not.

Honestly, is there something truely on the horizon from Tamiya?  FYI,  HLJ has some increcible prices on new-release limited edition 1/48 Tamiya kits such as the Beaufighter with the Universal Carrier.    
*That's* true.   A couple of Beaufighters in that guise had to hit the pre-order button; one is slated to pay Hommage to our own Jennings and become a USMC Beau!   :party:

Daryl J.

nev

12 quid for a 1.48 Tamiya Beaufighter AND Bren Carrier!!!  YGSM!!!!

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM89681
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

QuoteSpits. Most of the major variants are covered and there's conversion kits to do the others. Yes, in IM PR19 would be nice - actually, a decent Mk 14 would be nice too.

By my reckoning we're missing (mainstream, IM, OOB), FR.XVIII, PR19, F.21.  The Seafire in all its variants has been poorly served.  Theres the Hobbycraft XV, don't know how good it is (but its Hobbcraft...  :unsure: ), the Airfix IIIc which ain't the best, but thats about it I think.

Then of course, there is the question of the "definitive" Mk IX.......there's a question to get the experten on HS going :)

Big Chris

But apart from that, there is STILL a lack of British subjects.
The reason the big boys are reluctant to do the bit stuff is clear Hasegawa lisened to the public with the Lancaster and so far they have sold next to none. Reason price. 2 Airfix for 1 Hasegawa. Mind that might change now.  
Flying is like riding a bike only its harder to get the playing cards in the spokes

Radish

Well, after the NEW big 1/48th (aaaaahhh, a MAN's scale!!) F-16F or I, there's always a decent F-22 to make :)

Is there anything British? With mass appeal and a reasonable price?

How about a good Venom?

Maryland? Baltimore?? (US I know but we used 'em)

:party:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Quotethere's always a decent F-22 to make :)
There is?  :unsure:

The first manufacturer to put out a decent model of the Raptor in 48th will make a killing.

lancer

QuoteI´m a British subject; -- I wonder if anyone will ever ´do` me....?

-- I´ll get me coat....
That remark ranks amoungst some of Dorks (in)famous muses
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

TsrJoe

id heard through the vine that moulds for a 48 TSR.2 have already been cut! (similarly to Revell doing all theirs at the same time for the Hunter but releasing them over a few years)

:ph34r:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)