new idea.....

Started by wolfik, September 03, 2006, 01:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfik

hi all
its the academy corsair with the paragon lancaster merlin 85/87 resin parts....
I copied this conversion for my friend and casted one set for me...
this idea is born today after  "bad-night-bad-dreams" hours.... :zzz:
it looks cool for me...
Im thinking about a night fighter scheme....hmhmm?
or better a "normal" FAA corsair?
some parts are missing but it will be continued....this idea is one of my favourite at this time.... :dum:
the engine nacelle and the body of the craft are sanded and new engraved with some lines and panels...sorry for such bad pictures.... :unsure:
hope you like it :cheers:

John Howling Mouse

Of course it's one of your favourites; it's one of MY favourites now, too.  Why?

Because it's COOL!

Now, get it finished though, eh?

Can't believe these guys who start a whole bunch of projects without finishing most of them.... heh heh, I make the funny...

:dum:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Martin H

now that just looks like the mutts nuts to me  :D  Looks great so far  :wub:  
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Tophe

Quotehope you like it :cheers:
I don't "like" it: I LOVE it! :wub:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Wow, is that ever cool !

I don't think you'll find anybody who doesn't like it....and if we do find one, we'll get  'im !

I can't wait to see more of this one as well. I like the idea of a standard FAA fighter, I think it would look to boring blue or black as a night fighter. Mind you, having the radar pod on the wing would be nice. Hey, you've got all that power, you might as well load her up !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

oh my!  :wub:  :wub:

*goes and changes underwear*
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

Oh my, that is looking seriously good Wolfik.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

famvburg

I did one similar a couple of years ago using cowl & props from a Shackleton.

famvburg

Quotehi all
its the academy corsair with the paragon lancaster merlin 85/87 resin parts....
I copied this conversion for my friend and casted one set for me...
this idea is born today after  "bad-night-bad-dreams" hours.... :zzz:
it looks cool for me...
Im thinking about a night fighter scheme....hmhmm?
or better a "normal" FAA corsair?
some parts are missing but it will be continued....this idea is one of my favourite at this time.... :dum:
the engine nacelle and the body of the craft are sanded and new engraved with some lines and panels...sorry for such bad pictures.... :unsure:
hope you like it :cheers:

And here it is, I hope. I've never posted a pic here before.

Chap

wolfik,

I continue to be astonished with the quality and originality of your projects. This by far is one of the nicest Corsairs I have ever seen. Fantastic! B)

famvburg,

Your Corsair looks great :wub: ; I guess great minds think alike. I like the contra-rotating props.

~Steve

wolfik

hi
many thanks for the comments! :D
the idea was...to replace the "wimpy" early corsair engine in the f4u-1 (framed canopy) with the nearly 1800 HP merlin 85/87 cudgel  B)
but I have had no more the early version in my stash (only 11 corsairs leftover!!!! :o )
te idea to make it with this engine was born in few minutes and the way into my cellar was badly free and downwards.... :D  so we have it now....
the contra rotating prop would be to "modern" for me... :rolleyes:
maybe an art like the spit XIV? five bladed? huh?

Ollie

Keep that prop Wolfik, it looks just right!

:wub:  :wub:  

Tophe

Thanks Wolfik and famvburg. You made me dream of similar Mustangs... See http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...20&#entry163356
Thanks again! ^_^  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

wolfik

hi  :D
some little work was made...little progress because some little problems with another things  :(
regards!

wolfik