AV-8B Harrier

Started by Eddie M., September 04, 2006, 01:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

I don't know if I'm going to whif this one or not, but at least I'm getting something done. :)
   Eddie

Look behind you!

wolfik

hasegawa?...."something easy" ? eheheheheheheh :dum:
have fun! :cheers:  

wolfik

I have propably indonesian markings...
I can check it out when you want to build one.
oh....I see its monogram! yes....its easy!....or better....easier! ;)

regards

John Howling Mouse

Heh, heh, seatbelts: we just love those, don't we?

Hey, your pilot left the instruments charged to "full on" position!    ;)    :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteHeh, heh, seatbelts: we just love those, don't we?

Hey, your pilot left the instruments charged to "full on" position!    ;)    :wub:
After seeing your Mirage cockpit, I was embarassed to put a plain jane one in mine. ;)  :lol: I also did something I rarely do. I looked up reference photos at ARC to make it a bit more realistic. By the way, those buckles are aluminum foil. I nearly went blind cutting those things. :P

I'm thinking of making this a Navy bird, since I have extra "deckles" from a few USN type aircraft. Maybe make this a true VFA and hang a few AAMRAMs to make it a CAP bird. Too early to tell right now :rolleyes:.
    Eddie  
Look behind you!

anthonyp

"Something easy" he says...   :rolleyes:  :lol:

Do it up as an Aggressor!!

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Jamatari

http://www.exfix.co.uk --Kits and whatifs

Brian da Basher

Another incredible bird in the making, Mr Miller! I always love seeing your stuff and your cockpit detailing is among the best around! I can't wait to see more!

Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Nice start Eddie, I have a Harrier in the hopefully building soon pile that I want to do in  JASDF colors. Look forward to seeing more :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

rallymodeller

Is that the 1/48 AV-8B(Plus)? I am looking at that kit on my desk right now. Might have to get started...
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Eddie M.

QuoteIs that the 1/48 AV-8B(Plus)? I am looking at that kit on my desk right now. Might have to get started...
Thanks Everyone!

Anthony,
   I guess I should have been more descriptive. By easy, I meant anything with instructions is easier than some of the stuff I dream up and try to build. A lot less problem solving. Although, I got what I paid for on this one. <_<  ;)  :P

Rally,
  To be honest, this could be the AV-8B II+ or the Night Attack. I'm not sure. :dum: It's the Revell OIF Harrier, kit#6878. What was surprising to me about is it came with separate a resin nose to make it the Night Attack version. It came with "deckles" for VMA-211 and 311.

Here's the part where I don't understand the design of this model. They give this big ole' nose wheel well and then mold the nose gear doors shut. I did research and found pix of them closed during recovery, but open on deck. These Marine birds, I tell ya.... Anyway, I removed the gear doors, which in itself created a new set of problems. If it's not one thing, it's another. I guess I shouldn't bitch about a $10 model, right? ;)  :lol:
    Eddie

Look behind you!

Leigh

LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!   LEGO  SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME!      LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME!    LEGO SCHEME!     LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO  SCHEME!   LEGO   SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME!     LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME! LEGO  SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME!     LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO  SCHEME!   LEGO   SCHEME!    LEGO    SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO  SCHEME!  LEGO  SCHEME! LEGO  SCHEME! LEGO    SCHEME! LEGO       SCHEME! LEGO    SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME!   LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!   LEGO  SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO      SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!

I've got that kit too,Revellogram are always a mystery to me great detail and then raised panel lines  :unsure: . Rescribing has been putting me off starting mine looks great Eddie. Hey the Lego Scheme would look cool too

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

elmayerle

This is the kit with the history book with it?  It builds as either a AV-8B or a AV-9B(NA) if you use the resin nose.  Not bad for some purposes and I'll likely use one of its sibs for a 1/48 TAV-8B+ in Boeing house demonstrator colors.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Eddie M.

QuoteLEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!   LEGO  SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME!      LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME!    LEGO SCHEME!     LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO  SCHEME!   LEGO   SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME!     LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME! LEGO  SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME!     LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME! LEGO   SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO  SCHEME!   LEGO   SCHEME!    LEGO    SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO  SCHEME!  LEGO  SCHEME! LEGO  SCHEME! LEGO    SCHEME! LEGO       SCHEME! LEGO    SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME!   LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!   LEGO  SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME! LEGO      SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!  LEGO SCHEME! LEGO SCHEME!

I've got that kit too,Revellogram are always a mystery to me great detail and then raised panel lines  :unsure: . Rescribing has been putting me off starting mine looks great Eddie. Hey the Lego Scheme would look cool too
If you're trying to say something, just come out and say it Man! ;)  :lol:  Do you have an example of this Lego scheme? Somehow, what I have in mind probably isn't what you're thinking of. :P  :)

Evan,
 Yes, it did come with a very nice history book. Very well done.
    Eddie
Look behind you!

SebastianP

I've got my own Harrier II Plus, albeit in 1/72, which has been sitting around waiting for decals forever. I'm considering stripping it to do something different with it, but I'm not sure what that'd be. Luftwaffe or RAF is a possibility, seeing as I've got good decals for them. Or (evil), low-vis Trekronor roundels.

SP