AV-8B Harrier

Started by Eddie M., September 04, 2006, 01:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

B(NA) Has the FLIR on the standard nose, B+ has the Radar nose & FLIR.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Archibald

There's that T-10 Harrier at the shop...mmmmmh, delta wing, TSR-2 nose, plenties of sidewinders underwings, "souris" in the air intakes...hey, I also have this F-111 set of decals...
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Leigh

Yeah that Book that comes with the Harrier has great pics and brilliant for figuring out how to paint weapons.
The Lego scheme looks like this, wasn't it Damien that did one on a 72nd Harrier?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Eddie M.

Oh, yea! That looks simple enough :blink: . Especially with all the curves on this bad boy. ;)  :lol: Lemonjello did this to his Whiskey Hog, except he called his marpat.

I got a very good tip from someone at FSM. For those of you that are going to build this, here's a helpful hint that I got. Before bonding the main gear in place, be sure to test fit the wing with the outriggers to make sure they all touch the deck. By dumb luck, mine where okay. Maybe a little sanding on the outriggers, but over all, not too bad. :)
   Eddie

Look behind you!

Damian2

QuoteYeah that Book that comes with the Harrier has great pics and brilliant for figuring out how to paint weapons.
The Lego scheme looks like this, wasn't it Damien that did one on a 72nd Harrier?
Hi all!

Close Leigh it was a 1/48 Airfix FA.2 build as a USMC FV-9

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Eddie M.

I got a bit of sanding done, wing is on permanently and added sludge to the wheels. :)

Too bad they couldn't have molded it like this I shot at WOH'05'
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Damn fine work there, Mr Miller! Love your real-life shots there too!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Yeah, those 1:48 people figures look sooooo real!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

Hey that looks like a Harrier!  :)    Coming along nicely, nice reference pics too. Are you telling me you can make those minor mods just because you want a quick easy build?  :lol:

Your making me want to start my Harrier but it's not on the schedule yet!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

QuoteHey that looks like a Harrier!  :)    Coming along nicely, nice reference pics too. Are you telling me you can make those minor mods just because you want a quick easy build?  :lol:

Your making me want to start my Harrier but it's not on the schedule yet!
I wish I could make those mods without too much trouble, but I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible. I think I'm going with a white, gray and black camo.(JHM, look at the DEC. pic of your Applied Energy calendar of the A-4s. That's what I'm using as a reference) I envision this being stationed in Adak to help defend against the hostile Russian reclaimation of Alaska. ;)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

The snazzy white coat is on. :)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Here's some more paint. :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Loving it already, Eddie.  That is going to kick some serious a** !

lancer

Wow! That is looking seriously good Eddie.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Brian da Basher

That's one great looking camo scheme there Mr Miller! :wub:

Brian da Basher