AV-8B Harrier

Started by Eddie M., September 04, 2006, 01:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

Bloody hell, you could fit both of your kids in that box.....Secondly, I think the whale face idea is a dammed original and good.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

Auk, you can't stop now: whale face!  Whale face!  Whale face!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

I kinda like it, Orca squadron sounds cool to me :)    
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

Whale face it is. Just put the gloss coat on for decals. :)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteI kinda like it, Orca squadron sounds cool to me :)
Yea, the more I thought about it, the more I iked it. I remember seeing a special about Orcas where they would come up on the beach to get a cute, loveable seal pup and drag it back in the water. Then play with it for a little while before black curtains. :ph34r:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Stunned and amazed here in the dry desert of Arizona...what a great concept!  Loving this one beeeeeg time!

NARSES2

QuoteI kinda like it, Orca squadron sounds cool to me :)
Yea, the more I thought about it, the more I iked it. I remember seeing a special about Orcas where they would come up on the beach to get a cute, loveable seal pup and drag it back in the water. Then play with it for a little while before black curtains. :ph34r:
   Eddie
The one I remember was in one of the David Attenborough programmes (Blue Planet ?) where two Orca's were playing "tennis" with a seal pup - basing backwards and forwards with their tails - and when they got bored the pup swam off back to the beach  :blink:  :)  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sisko

Orca's are also known as wolfs of the sea in fact it was the name of a doco about them.

I like the whole orca look. Different yet menacing.

Thanks for sharing this build it has been great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Yikes that box is big!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Leigh

Eddie
I also saw a documentary where when they are done eating, they will actually push seal pups that have gone out too far and can't get back, up on to the safety of the beach.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Eddie M.

With all the Orca talk, I thought I'd share this unique photo I took in the mid to late 90's. This was at Sea World San Antonio. At the time they had 4 Orcas living there. It was very special to see them preform together. Sadly, one of them died a few years later, but my memories and this photo make it a special time. :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

The decals are starting to go on :) .......
  Eddie

Look behind you!

lancer

Damm that thing is looking GREAT eddie.
Where's the SPATS?? Before Spatman asks... :P  B)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

AeroplaneDriver

"Though highly successful in the air-to-ground role, the AV-8Bs of the 'Orcas' were less than sucessful in their role as an interceptor.  Most experts blame reliance on sonar, instead of radar for this dismal performance."

:D

Great looking Harrier Eddie!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Brian da Basher

Aye carumbaa Mr Miller that's absolutely stunning! I love the cool camo scheme and the "Orcas" decal on the tail! Fantastically cool! B)

I wasn't going to ask about spats, but I am curious about the lack of flippers...

Brian da Basher

B777LR

I WANT ONE! :P  (not your kids)