AV-8B Harrier

Started by Eddie M., September 04, 2006, 01:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Striking scheme  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

BlackOps

You never fail to please :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

We are headed out the 138th annual (the oldest in Texas) Washington Co. fair for a while, but I did manage to nearly blind myself painting the det cord on the canopy. More later. :)  :party:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Got the magna-googles and your old "000000000" brush out, eh?

Looks good.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteGot the magna-googles and your old "000000000" brush out, eh?

Looks good.
That was my 3 ought brush, as in 3 bristles ought to do it. ;)  :lol: You should see how much the magna googles magnify my hand shakes after 2 Red Bulls. I'm pretty close to being done, but I thought I'd show a sneak peek of the ordinance loadout. A little bit of everything for all ocassions. I've found, as per a helpful hint in FSM, that if you take close up photos of your model, imperfections that you may have missed, will jump right out at ya. Still got a few touch ups to do tonight, then the dullcoat tomorrow.
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Plus, for your viewing enjoyment, Harrier pix that I've taken over the years. :)
   Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

QuoteI've found, as per a helpful hint in FSM, that if you take close up photos of your model, imperfections that you may have missed, will jump right out at ya.
Yeah, I kinda hated FSM for that little "tip."   :P

On the real Harrier canopy, why are some of the frames apparently unpainted?

Never noticed that before....   :o  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteI've found, as per a helpful hint in FSM, that if you take close up photos of your model, imperfections that you may have missed, will jump right out at ya.
Yeah, I kinda hated FSM for that little "tip."   :P

On the real Harrier canopy, why are some of the frames apparently unpainted?

Never noticed that before....   :o
And will help me in the long run because I can cheat on having to try and match the canopy frame colors. :P  ;)  :lol:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Cool pics, but I love the model more...way to go, Eddie!

Eddie M.

QuoteCool pics, but I love the model more...way to go, Eddie!
Thank you very much! Tomorrow is rollout. :party:  Here's a sneak peek at the front end. :)
 Eddie
Look behind you!

anthonyp

Holy crap, Eddie!  I can't wait to see the rollout tomorrow.

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Brian da Basher

Wow that's some incredible detail work on that 'pit and canopy Mr Miller! The final roll-out's gonna be one for the books! B)

Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

QuoteWe are headed out the 138th annual (the oldest in Texas) Washington Co. fair for a while, but I did manage to nearly blind myself painting the det cord on the canopy. More later. :)  :party:
   Eddie
:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  
Will die without understanding this world.

Eddie M.

It's hard to believe this took less than a month to complete, but here it is.
I present to you the "OrcaJet" serving VMA-31, The Orcas. The Cold Killers are based in Adak, Alaska. ;)

This is a Revellogram with all the faults that go with it, but hey, that's why I buy them. They're cheap and present a challenge. Special thanks goes to Ian the Hunter/Gatherer for the "killer" idea. ;)  :) thank you to all of you who stopped by to take a look and drop a line or two. I couldn't do it without y'all! B) Enjoy. :party:
 Eddie

Look behind you!

BlackOps

Eddie, the orca theme is original as well as great looking. I like this one a bunch!  :wub:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.