Batman and 1/72

Started by Daryl J., September 04, 2006, 09:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl J.

Two Face gets an Airfix Spitfire Mk.1 with a 2 bladed Watts prop.   Undersides black and white just like the real McCoy.  Then the topside gets the reverse of the black and white scheme.     Dignity meets something wrong.

Penguin gets a Heller Me-163 with wings and tail modified  more to penguin wing shape.  (Ordered this kit from Rollmodels already...perhaps it'll make the Airfix/Heller GB???)  Colors as yet undetermined.

Batman himself gets a Vampire with serrated trailing edges of all flying surfaces save for the horizontal stab.   Nose more pointed.   Lo-vis surround to the bat emblem.   I've not found a US supplier that has the Vampire in stock so it may not come to fruition.  

Others?????

Gotta 'fess up too, we watched the Batman Begins DVD over the long weekend.
:cheers:
Daryl J.

dragon

Off hand I would give the Joker the Spitfire and Two Face would fly either a twin mustang or some other kind of zwilling.

Have you gone to your local hobby shop?  The old Airfix/Heller 1/72 vampires are common enough.  If you don't find any at your local hobby shop, then check out Squadron.

Bandai makes a wonderful (but somewhat expensive) BATMAN BEGINS Batmobile in 1/35.  I have built it as the BATMOBILE, one of these days I must purchase another one to build as THE TUMBLER.  Christian Bale was a much better BATMAN than George Clooney. :cheers:  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Daryl J.

A twin fuselage for Two Face would work.   Black/white P-38 perchance?  One driver, two engines turning opposite from ea. other?

I'm trying to envision the purple/white/green on a Spitfire but will give it time because it should work.    And I completely agree with you that Christian Bale made (remade?) the franchise viable again.     That's why I went with essentially 'real' aircraft as opposed to the Anime-like machines of Spiderman although they were enjoyable too.

:cheers:
Daryl J.

philp

I am more interested in what Catwoman is flying, meow.

As for the Batplane, I still like the Aurora/PL kit like here.

Course, there are a couple other versions.
http://www.theclubhouse1.net/museum/submis...ns/maurice1.htm
or in plastic
http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/models/ipms1996/34.html
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Sisko

I actually have the finescale modeller article that shows the build up of the first bat plane.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Radish

Catwoman flies a Tomcat?

Don't forget the Bat Copter, Bat Cycle.....

How about an F-104 with Bat-shaped wings??

I have my own idea for a Bat-a-Dak too :lol:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

TsrJoe

coincidentally iv just picked up the 1/48 scale Polar Lights kit at the local scifi shop reduced in price to 5.99 (couldnt resist it!)

im planning to use the fuselage for something else so the scalloped 'bat' surfaces and markings are going spare to a good home if anyone wants them?

hmm... a 'batplane TSR.2'...lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers, Joe  :wacko:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

JC Carbonel

Two-face should have a twinner indeed ! But why not a twin-spitfire ?

My own take at the Aurora/ Polar Lights Batplane

The 1940 P40 ? I understood this was not a P-40 but a YP-37 or something ? That's what Dave Cockum who had reused it in one of his comics told me so it put me off because I could not see myself converting a P-40 to YP-37 then to Batplane !

Catwoman : well obviously she must have a Grumman . In WW2 it would be a Tigercat possibly with a paw-type landing gear (with extendable claws)

Pengiun : shouldn't he get a FROG kit (any amphibian would do) ?

JCC

matrixone

Batmans plane would be a Horten Ho 229B, nothing else seems right or could look better.

Matrixone

Leigh

Joker would get a Brewster Buffalo

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Sisko

QuoteJoker would get a Brewster Buffalo

I would have thought that it would be the penguins plane

gooberliberation

Two face would be better off with a mis-matched zwilling.. like say mustang on one side, jug on the other.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Daryl J.

Goobs,

Bingo!   Mismatched Twilling for Twoface, but......Mustang and Messerschmitt each with a cockpit.

Daryl J.

PS:  Buffalo/Penguin....why?  Just curious

Sisko

Because the buffalo just has the penguin kinda look about it tubby short. :rolleyes:  

Leigh

Yeah but the Buffalo was also designed by a complete Joker.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models