T

Is this guy for real????!!!!

Started by The Wooksta!, September 07, 2006, 02:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

OK, I'm not too sure about sterling-Dollar conversion, but I'm guessing grand total is in the $90-120 range.

Having said that, I think he's a retard and Iran should nuke him when they get the bomb. ^_^

I'll get m' hat...
Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Madoc

Shas,

Now, now... let's not get too hasty here.

It seems that "zd670" (the eBay seller in question) is just doing his part to ensure that all who really want a bit of Airfix history now have the chance.

As such, he's simply doing his part to help our modeling community come together in this time of need.  That this part would set you back a mere $112.52 just shows what a noble act he's taking in making such a sacrifice to part with this oh-so-rare a kit.

We should not come here to bury him but to praise him instead!

B)

Madoc
Wherever you go, there you are!

Gervasius

How much? That's what, 100€?

Some people should be kneecapped with GAU-8.

Marko
Baldrick: I followed Mr Da Vinci's instructions to the letter.
Blackadder: Even though you can't actually read.
Baldrick: No, but I have done a lot of Airfix models in my time.

cthulhu77

Well, if he gets that amount, what the heck.  I can't imagine wanting to spend money on that anyway...

GeorgeC

Oh yes, the UK TSR2 market price has jumped on Ebay since Airfix hit problems, but that one is quite spectacular.  Obviously now a collectors item - I mean, whoever ends up with the moulds is just going to sit on them and not do another production run to recoup their purchase/losses...

I hope :)

Regards

GeorgeC

Captain Canada

EBay has spawned a whole whack of stupid people who would buy anything at any price....don't balme the seller !

Now if you want to talk stupid, let's talk about the gas companies....we paid almost $1.30 for a litre of petrol all summer, but now it's down to .86 ! So, all of us dumbies have proven that we will pay $1.30, with no regard to conservation, so why are you dropping the price ?

Crazy.......
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

QuoteEBay has spawned a whole whack of stupid people who would buy anything at any price....don't balme the seller !

Now if you want to talk stupid, let's talk about the gas companies....we paid almost $1.30 for a litre of petrol all summer, but now it's down to .86 ! So, all of us dumbies have proven that we will pay $1.30, with no regard to conservation, so why are you dropping the price ?

Crazy.......
Ebay's stupid people?  I do believe I heard my name being called.   :P
Ahhhhh, I'm so tempted to bid on this TSR.2.....just because.   :dum:

And, as for the hard-done-by petroleum producers: shame on you, Captain.  Until you invent a dirtbike that runs on, well....dirt, you'll pay whatever we want you to pay.

Won't you?   :ph34r:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Daryl J.

Um....guys....that's my TSR.2 for sale

NOT!!!! :D

However, it makes me wish I'd have pre-ordered a couple more when that was still an option at Hannants.

Daryl J.

MartG

Quote.... I mean, whoever ends up with the moulds is just going to sit on them and not do another production run to recoup their purchase/losses...
Hmm - another 10,000 production run, priced maybe £2 more than the first run as ebay has shown people will pay a lot more for them - would certainly go a long to helping their financial difficulties
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

B777LR

OMG! He calls it a tornado!

I wonder wheather or not he will send you the TSR kit? Perhaps he might send a tornado  :P  

Captain Canada

Quoteyou'll pay whatever we want you to pay.

That's what I'm saying.....we've already demonstrated that we'll pay the price, so why lower it ?  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

I'm with Toad on this, blame the guy who'll pay that much, not the seller!

I'd like to be that seller.

Hehehe.

^_^  :P  

Sentinel Chicken

Hey, my hat's off to this guy if he can get poor schlock to buy the kit at that price!  :cheers:  

B777LR

Hmm, perhaps he put price so high coz airfix soon will be as rare as frog?