Here she is ... the Hun !!!

Started by Deino, September 09, 2006, 11:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Jennings

Can you take a look at that first link?  It doesn't work, and I can't find a thing on the Sonicmodel web site in order to nagivate my own way there.

My first comment:  Oh boy, more rivets.  Big ones.

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

AeroplaneDriver

What a piece of crap....

:D

But seriously...looks great!  I cant wait for the Lightning.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

GTX

What scale?  Funny coincidence - last night I was thinking about a slightly modified Indian/Pakistan war of 1965 where Pakistan had F-100s and maybe some F-105s.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GeorgeC

QuoteWhat scale?  Funny coincidence - last night I was thinking about a slightly modified Indian/Pakistan war of 1965 where Pakistan had F-100s and maybe some F-105s.

Regards,

Greg
Then the Indians get Buccaneer and Arrow :)

Regards

GeorgeC

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

Thanks - thought it probably was 1/32 with that level of detail.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

SebastianP

Hill 2 scheme, AIM-9M missiles inboard, a GPS dome on the spine, and possibly a pair of small JDAM's outboard of the tanks...

Overall Barley gray, or barley gray with dark camo gray top; low-vis aussie roundels, ASRAAM missiles. Too bad it doesn't have the space for a modern radar, unless you're doing leading-edge phased arrays like on the B-2, or it'd need some Meteors too.

Smiley roundels, NMF or MOD-Eagle colors (can't decide), a *ridiculous* amount of kill insignia of all kinds (everything from red stars to stars-and-bars - in multiples!), covering the entire side of the forward fuselage from intake to wing root, maybe further... Must be displayed with pilot figure in the process of adding more kill marks.

Thunderbirds scheme (they never flew the hun, IIRC).

Big stinger tailhook and folded wings, TPS scheme, and Marines markings. Or French!

NMF with red stars and Atoll missiles.

Israeli desert scheme, Star of David roundel, Python missiles

Stub wings, overal red with Budweiser and other sponsor logos, as jet powered dragracer...

SP

philp

QuoteThunderbirds scheme (they never flew the hun, IIRC).

Or French!

http://www.f-100.org/hun010.shtml

http://www.f-100.org/hun030.shtml

They were also flown by china, Denmark and Turkey.

Course, that leaves Norway, Sweden Holland, etc
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Jennings

QuoteThunderbirds scheme (they never flew the hun, IIRC).
Good lord man, what rock do you live under!??! :)  The Thunderbirds flew the F-100C, then transitioned to the F-105 for less than one season, then back to the F-100D for several more years.  One of my fondest childhood memories is of seeing them at a Selfridge AFB (before it became Selfridge ANGB) airshow.  Never a better airshow was performed.

Another of my fondest childhood memories is of being awakened at around 0600 by a flight of Michigan ANG F-100Ds screaming overhead of Camp Michiluca (not far from the ANG's summer training field at Camp Grayling).  An eight year old who was gaga for airplanes was in heaven!  They couldn't have been more than 50' over the top of the trees!

:)

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

John Howling Mouse

Yep, nice model.

And just as soon as I win that lottery, I'm gonna git me one!

ahhhhhh, can dream, can't I?   :rolleyes:

Once again: thanks Deino!  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ollie

Jennings, the day I see someone make a kit of an Adams A500 with rivets, I'll yell.  Until then, kits of airplanes made out of metal sheets fastened with rivets that are transposed in styrene will get my approval.

And not everyone is as knowledgeable as you when it comes down to aviation knowledgness, so please, educate instead of humiliate.

rallymodeller

Full.

Intake.

TRUNKING!

Wowsers. This one I may have to save up and get (right behind the 1/72 Tu-142).
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

elmayerle

QuoteHill 2 scheme, AIM-9M missiles inboard, a GPS dome on the spine, and possibly a pair of small JDAM's outboard of the tanks...

Overall Barley gray, or barley gray with dark camo gray top; low-vis aussie roundels, ASRAAM missiles. Too bad it doesn't have the space for a modern radar, unless you're doing leading-edge phased arrays like on the B-2, or it'd need some Meteors too.

Smiley roundels, NMF or MOD-Eagle colors (can't decide), a *ridiculous* amount of kill insignia of all kinds (everything from red stars to stars-and-bars - in multiples!), covering the entire side of the forward fuselage from intake to wing root, maybe further... Must be displayed with pilot figure in the process of adding more kill marks.

Thunderbirds scheme (they never flew the hun, IIRC).

Big stinger tailhook and folded wings, TPS scheme, and Marines markings. Or French!

NMF with red stars and Atoll missiles.

Israeli desert scheme, Star of David roundel, Python missiles

Stub wings, overal red with Budweiser and other sponsor logos, as jet powered dragracer...

SP
Regarding the radar, there were some pics a while back in Wings/AIrpower of an improved radar installation that was tested on the F-100.  Only major differences was the radome itself.  If you updated by using some of the radar sets fitted to the "small-nosed" Pakistani F-7s, you probably could fit it without problem.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin