A lurker and some whiffs...

Started by grayman, September 09, 2006, 05:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian2

Hi grayman and welcome to this Canadian infested place!

Love the models!!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

NARSES2

Wellcome aboard Grayman - amazing entrance !

Personal fav is the Russian P-38, may even borrow the idea for another project based on a timeline which see's Stalin "removed" after the fall of Stalingrad - reverse of your scenario, which leads to a similar history  :blink:

As for a retired RAN ship having met and drank with some of the crew of HMAS Canberra in Hawai many moons ago (I still have the cap ribbon somewhere) I'd suggest a contraband booze runner, gin palace or booze cruiser on up to Fiji  :cheers:

Chris

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sisko

Welcome aboard!!!

Nice models. Especially love the ME-210

Queensland my old home what part do you hail from?
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

The Rat

QuoteThe Celine Dion threat is one I shall take seriously
Well, we do have one guy on the board who is quite fond of her. We tolerate that because;

1) He's in Quebec,

2) He's technically proficient enough in modeling and real flying to give good advice, and

3) He's a hell of a nice guy!

Ollie, come out wherever you are!
QuoteTimber tug (for the canadians -- I've seen the TV shows of the logging operations by the rivers)?
Don't think that goes on anymore. You've probably seen the pictures of tugboats chugging across the water with a huge circle of logs being towed behind them, but trucks have taken over now. But I've heard that there are enough sunken logs left over from the old days that it is economically viable for small operators to pull them up and sell them.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Brian da Basher

Great stuff, Grayman! Welcome to the asylum! With work of that outstanding quality, you'll be the envy of many of us here. I love that Soviet P-38. :wub:

Brian da Basher

B777LR

QuoteAll join now for singing of the Internationale!

{singing}Arise ye workers from your slumbers...[/color]
WHat? Internationale?!?! The anthem that was banned ages ago! We all sing the glorious SOVIET NATIONAL ANTHEM (at least anthony chooses this one)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wpKRd2xQeq8

Chap

Welcome aboard Grayman, some wonderful models you have there. The Me-210 is fantastic! :wub:  Wonderful work.

~Steve

John Howling Mouse

Quote(incidentally I live in Queensland, Australia).
That's "Eastern" Canada, right?

:dum:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

Quote(incidentally I live in Queensland, Australia).
That's "Eastern" Canada, right?
Yeah, helluva big problem lately in PEI with wombats digging up the spuds.  :blink:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

anthonyp

Any idea on what to do with a 1/300 scale OHP?  Aircraft carrier.

What?

I'm diggin' that F-106 in desert colors!   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

As for the Soviet P-38, I like the camo scheme.  Might look nice on a modern Mig or something...

(sounds of scuffling)

COMRADES!!!!!

Is GLORIOUS day in GREAT Soviet Union!  Such a wonderful (hic) piesh of decadent Weshtern (hic), um, airplane engamaneering in Shoviet (hic) colors is most, uh, GLORIOUS!!

Pleazze excuse me, comrades, I have indeed gotten to the bottom of the vodka thefts (hic).  As thanksh, the shteadfast (hic) workersh threw a celebra-(hic)... celebra-(hic)... celebra-(hic)... party that went on to the wee hourz of the morning.

Truly, a nice plane in attractive markingsh! (hic)

And Rally-ski, if I didn't know better, I'd suspect you from Quebec, telling us to (hic) shing something named by the French!  I'm keeping my eye on all four of you dat I am seeing at the moment...

ZA (hic) RODINA!!!

Comrade Captain Anatoly Iosef Pakizorich, Naval Aviation Bureau

(Sounds of scuffle)

Ok, who let him out again?!

Anyways, welcome aboard, Grayman!  Don't feed the Canucks!  Giving them beer is another story, just don't feed them.

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Archibald

QuoteWelcome aboard, grayman! Fantastic work!

Don't let all that talk about us Canadians throw you off, eh? We're not really that bad -- although the site requires that you do at least one A/C in Canadian markings sometime in the next month or we'll send Celine Dion to your house (and don't bother locking the door, she'll just slide in underneath).
Celine Dion...also send havoc in French brains alas...even the Atlantic couldn't stop her and her damned husband, big René. The problem is the guy, he spoiled Celine...

nice models... welcome here!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Leigh

Hey you can send Celine to my house I think she's kinda tasty.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

lancer

QuoteHey you can send Celine to my house I think she's kinda tasty.
Oh you sick puppy....you need SERIOUS help.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lancer

Hell of a way to make an enterance Greyman. amazing builds there. And, like the others, I can't decide what one I like best. The Me210 and the F106 are neck and neck at the 'mo.  I'd add my welcome to the loony bin as well, you'll fit in well.

Take the 'advice' about our Canadian contingent to heart. Oh and any mention of pork oies is liable to have a couple of our ex-pat family sobbing into thier beer/paint/whatever. any mention of beer is good and twiglets get you extra kudos. Now, pull up a chair and join in the insanity(fun)  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

grayman

The point about Celine is taken. I have to be careful anyway cos my girlfriend is a fan  :huh:

I do like the idea of the contraband runner for the FFG. Good excuse to put a russian helo (Mi-8? wonder where I could find one in 1/300?) on the pad at the rear and a jolly roger from the mast, replace the forward missile launcher with a gun and shield (missiles are expensive on the black market), and lots of rust (incidentally this is more fun the more XXXX (www.australianbeers.com/beers/xxxx/xxxx.htm) I drink).

Setting the demon drink aside for a moment (just one moment, I promise), I'm wondering how a WW1 dazzle scheme would look.

For those with Google Earth, World Wind or similar, I hail from Gympie, about 2 hours from Brisbane. The ICBM address is  26°10'52.10"S / 152°40'43.59"E. I'd be interested to see where you all are from.

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open -- General Sir Michael Dewar.