Another Messerschmitt?

Started by matrixone, September 09, 2006, 07:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

This is the PM 1/72 scale Messerschmitt Me P1111 built OOB except for the decals.

A very easy model to build because of the low number of parts in the kit but there was quite a bit of putty and sanding needed to be done before the painting stage.

My next model that I will post pics of will be one of the Hortens.

Matrixone

cthulhu77

*Wolf whistle*

:cheers:

matrixone

Thanks Greg!

Two more pics...

Matrixone

rallymodeller

The title of your post caused me to think that, just for a second, you had done a model of one of these:

Beautiful work, as always. And, as always, your photographs are simply stunning.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

matrixone

Thanks very much rallymodeller!

I am nearly done with my current group of models and can almost see my work bench! :party:

Now the hard decision, what to build next!

Matrixone

Eddie M.

Once again, great work and eye catching photography.  B)  :wub:
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Sisko

Nice job on that one!!! B)

Did you know that the cockpit from the Revell 1/72 me262 fits into the PM 1111 kit with very little modification.

While I was building that kit I was tooling around with the me 262 cockpit tub and found much to my suprise that it almost fitted perfectly.

How was the surface of the kit? Mine was like an orange peel I had to sand and prime at least three times to get an even respecable finish.

Mind you I was doing a natural metal finishon it so I really only have myself to blame.

I also just realised looking at your photo's that I made a major goof when putting the gear doors on!!!!!!!  :o  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

NARSES2

Lovely build Matrix.

Thinking aloud I can see that thing with a pusher turbo-prop fitted instead of the turbine ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

matrixone

Thanks Eddie, Sisko, NARSES2, and John!

Sisko,
The surfaces on my kit also had the slightly grainy feel to them, since I knew I was going paint my model in camouflage colors I did not bother to smooth them but I did put extra gloss coats on the areas where the decals were to be placed to avoid any silvering problems.
Every PM kit that I have ever built has had a slight grainy texture to the large parts but the canopies are as clear as the best kits on the market...very strange.
One area (other than the sparse cockpits) where PM needs to improve is the main wheels, the wheels in this Me P1111 kit are the most bizarre looking things ever included in any of my kits. My next Me P1111 will have resin wheels from True Details on it.

NARSES2,
I am not sure the Me P1111 design would work very well with a pusher prop, the tail would need to be shortened quite a bit to allow clearence for the prop.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

Wow yet more amazing stuff there, Matrixone! I reallly like that "in-flight" shot! Looks like she's headed for the stratosphere! :wub:

Brian da Basher

lancer

Amazing work Matrix. Gives ma ideas of what to do with my one.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

matrixone

Thanks Brian and lancer!

lancer,
You might want to get rid of the main wheels in your kit and find replacements, they are not worth using.

New pics...

Matrixone  

lancer

Quotelancer,
You might want to get rid of the main wheels in your kit and find replacements, they are not worth using.

Thanks for the advice Matrix. What did you use instead?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

matrixone

lancer,
I ended up using the kit supplied main wheels because there was nothing else I had on hand, this week I am ordering a couple sets of True Details Bf 109G-10/K-4 wheels for some of my other PM kits one of which is another Me P1111 kit.

Also have spare decals to use on your Me P1111 kit, the kit supplied decals are very basic and not very good. On ALL my models I use aftermarket decals, EagleCals are the best I have used and have that ''painted on look'' to them but many aftermarket decal sheets are better than what you find in most kits and work very well.

Matrixone