Hobby Boss Kits

Started by Radish, September 10, 2006, 09:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Yup good idea, Jeff - a 'CATCH-ALL' thread for each manufacturer. No prob with that.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Jeffry Fontaine

PMMS New Kit News has an update for HobbyBoss kits and there are several additions to the list that I was not aware of such as the LVTP-7/AAAV-7 series in 1/35th scale.  A welcome sight considering that Tamiya and Academy were the only previous source for that subject and both were lacking in some features.  Now there are four kits to choose from:

# 82409 LVTP-7 Landing Vehicle Tracked- Personal

# 82411 AAVR-7A1 Assault Amphibian Vehicle Recovery

# 82413 AAVP-7A1 Assault Amphibious Vehicle (w/mounting bosses)

# 82416 AAVP-7A1 RAM/RS w/EAAK

The M706/V-150 Armored car series are also represented with the following:

# 82419 M706 APC Product Improved

# 82420 V-150 Commando w/20mm cannon

# 82421 LAV-150 APC 90mm Mecar Gun

# 82422 V-150S Commando APC 90mm Cockerill Gun (nice to see this one since the only other option is the horribly expensive chunk of not quite right resin from Verlinden)

Of course the Delta Farce FAV is at the top of the list.  Prior to this the only other choices were from AEF designs and HobbyFan both of which were resin and subject to artistic license.  Or is that interpretation?
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Jeffry Fontaine

Not to be outdone, Michael Benolkin is playing the part of the intrepid reporter for CyberModeler and has a few comments on the iHobby Expo 2008 regarding the show and it appears that HobbyBoss will be offering up a 1/48th scale F-100D and F-100F kit for consumption.  Looking forward to seeing what the F-100F has to offer since all I have at the moment is a vacu-form kit from War Eagle which is okay but hey, not quite my cup of tea.  It is unfortunate that there were no supporting images to share on these two kits but I am sure we will see something soon enough to keep our interest levels up.   
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Sisko

Just bought the Hobby Boss 1/72 scale Leopold railway gun.

Wow it is bloody nice!!!

I'll post some screen shots soon.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Maverick

G'day Gang,

IPMS Deutschland have put up a review of the Hobby Boss M706 "in Vietnam Service".

http://ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hobby_Boss/HB_M706/HB_M706.html

Altho previously reviewed at PMMS, the sprue shots are quite large & clear as is the German want.

Regards,

Mav

jorel62

Didn't I see a picture of "Blind Faith" painted all black? Like some of the gun trucks.

Aircav

Can't wait for the 90mm version to come out, need the gun for a Malaya Scorpion and the "Blind Faith" would look great on a plane  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Maverick

Morning Gang,

Modellversium have a review of the Hobby Boss Tigre HAP (my fave of the Tiger series) which even includes a decal option for the new 'Aussie Tiger'!

http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=3867

Regards,

Mav

Jeffry Fontaine

ModelVersium just posted a nice kit review of the new HobbyBoss 1/48th scale TBF-1C Avenger kit which is basically the Trumpeter 1/32nd scale kit reduced in size.  It has all of the features of the larger Trumpeter kit including a larger than life price so the question is do we or rather do you need another expensive model of the Avenger in your stash?  I guess it all matters how you want to spend your money and who you want to brag to about your recent acquisitions. 

nev

45 Euros?  When the AM kit is reboxed by Italeri for abour £14?  Only advantage is if it has the 1/32 kits folded wings.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

frank2056

I just got the December Squadron Flyer (the pdf is on their web page). On pg. 62, they list a bunch of Hobby Boss kits for 50%-60% off. The easy assembly 1/72 planes are $5 ea., for example. They also have a few dirt cheap kits, like the Academy 1/360 scale Tu-144 for $1.29

Deino

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Aircav

Chris and Geoff should be happy with that 1/32 IL-2  ;D :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

ChernayaAkula

Cool stuff!  :thumbsup: Decent Lynxes!  :drink:

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

rallymodeller

Ooh! Ooh! They're doing a Jayhawk! Huzzah! :wub:
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D