Hobby Boss Kits

Started by Radish, September 10, 2006, 09:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Modellversium has an in box review of the Commando Armoured Car with the 90mm Cockerill Gun turret.

Paul Harrison

***cleaned up html***
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Mossie

Nice.  I'd like them to do the Caddilac Gage Scout, the door wedge is one of my favourite armour subjects.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Hyperscale has a review of the Hobby Boss AAVP-7A1 RAM/RS in 35th.

Regards,

Mav

***cleaned up html***

ChernayaAkula

The AAVP does look great!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

B777LR

Looks like they will be releasing a 1/72 F-22 soon as well as and Sukhoi Su-37

***cleaned up html***

chrisonord

Quote from: Maverick on March 14, 2009, 11:08:02 PM
I'm slightly confused about the HH-60H.  Firstly, I don't think that a CSAR aircraft would be using an AShM, Hellfire for sure, but Penguin, seems like some serious hardware for a rescue ship.  Secondly, the refer to it as a 'Early Verison', although it's got the nose mounted FLIR that was a comparitively recent upgrade, and finally HS-15 as the operator?  I know there's been a rationalisation of the HS & HCS units, but it seems odd to me anyway.  Anyone else with a better handle is welcome to comment on this.

Regards,

Mav
I have seen an HH-60H fitted with four Hellfires on the starboard side, with pintle mounted mini guns in the door ways, they were in a film with Bruce Willis a while ago.They were definitely real Navy HH-60s as the detail was too good.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

B777LR

Quote from: chrisonord on April 16, 2009, 11:22:41 AM
Quote from: Maverick on March 14, 2009, 11:08:02 PM
I'm slightly confused about the HH-60H.  Firstly, I don't think that a CSAR aircraft would be using an AShM, Hellfire for sure, but Penguin, seems like some serious hardware for a rescue ship.  Secondly, the refer to it as a 'Early Verison', although it's got the nose mounted FLIR that was a comparitively recent upgrade, and finally HS-15 as the operator?  I know there's been a rationalisation of the HS & HCS units, but it seems odd to me anyway.  Anyone else with a better handle is welcome to comment on this.

Regards,

Mav
I have seen an HH-60H fitted with four Hellfires on the starboard side, with pintle mounted mini guns in the door ways, they were in a film with Bruce Willis a while ago.They were definitely real Navy HH-60s as the detail was too good.

If i'm not mistaken, some UH-60 family members can carry up to 16 Hellfires.

Maverick

B787,

The carriage of 16 Hellfires is capable only if the aircraft is fitted with the ESSS (External Stores Support System?).  The Navy aircraft can carry quad launchers only.  Once again, however, it's only later photos of the HH-60H that I've seen carrying them.

Regards,

Mav

Green Dragon

There are three additions to the Hobbyboss site today. Their first 1/48th A-7A Corsair II.  Looks like quite an impressive bomb load. 
1/48th Grumman Hellcat (early) with wing fold option by the look of the CAD pics.
Finally a 1/35th M26A1 Pershing tank with a detailed engine.

Paul Harrison

***cleaned up html***
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Jeffry Fontaine

Modellversium has several HobbyBoss model kit reviews available for your enlightenment:

Kit # 82432, 1/35th scale Leopard 2E (Spanish)

Kit # 82409, 1/35th scale LVTP-7 Landing Vehicle Tracked Personnel.

This is the original version without add-on armor or the UGWS with 40mm and .50 weapons.  The interior details appear to be very well done.  I noticed the title has an error in the description.  It states "Personal" instead of "Personnel" not that babelfish would have caught that. (^:

Kit # 82415, AAVP-7A1 RAMS/RS Assault Amphibious Vehicle

Appears to have the brackets for the add-on armor but that is not included in the kit.  

Kit # 82411, AAVR-7A1 Assault Amphibian Vehicle Recovery.

Pretty much the same as above but with the additional parts for the crane, winch, and other features associated with the recovery vehicle version of the LVTP-7/AAVP-7 series.  

Kit # 82413, AAVP-7A1 Assault Amphibious Vehicle.

This review has been up for a while but I thought I would include it here for the purpose of continuity just in case someone missed it previously.  This is the version that has the UGWS with 40mm and .50 weapons and mounting brackets on the hull for the add-on armor (not included in this version).

***Duplicate html fixed.  It was late, I was tired and in a hurry.  That is my story and I am sticking to it. ;^)***
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Maverick

G'day Gang,

IPMS Deutschland has a review of the Hobby Boss Lynx Mk 88 in 72nd scale.  Looks like a little beauty with a few extras thrown in.

Regards,

Mav

**cleaned up html***

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Modellversium have a review of the Hobby Boss Lynx HMA.8.  Altho the box art is a bit dodgy regarding markings & stores, it still looks like a nice little kit.

http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=4316

Regards,

Mav

Jeffry Fontaine

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

ChernayaAkula

The Rafale! Finally!  :party:

It's very hard to see on this small CAD drawing, but is it me or did they forget the chaff/flare launchers on the fuselage near the trailing edge of the wing?  :o I don't know whether their 1/48 kit included these.

EDIT: According to THIS REVIEW, they indeed forgot the chaff/flare launchers on the 1/48 kits.  :banghead: Just hit the button on that computer and downscale everything - warts and all! This probably means abandoning hope on a triple-launcher with AASMs as well.
Ah, what the heck, new tool Rafale!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

anthonyp

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on August 11, 2009, 11:39:42 AM

Kit #87246, 1/72nd scale Rafale C

Had to do a double take.  Thought that roundel was an Italian one! 

...  Great, another thing to model...   :banghead:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man