Hobby Boss Kits

Started by Radish, September 10, 2006, 09:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Quote from: Sauragnmon on October 25, 2009, 12:25:42 PM
I don't know that I Agree fully with your perspective on it, Nev - I built the HB Akula a while back, and while I do agree that it was a quick build, I found myself noticing there might be openings for those inclined to superdetail, like doing an open tube or two.  Similarly, the few Boomers they produce could be done with an open hatch and the tube on display with the round in it or similar.  There isn't exactly a whole lot of surface detail on a submarine anyways, but what there is, HB does a good job of recreating in the scale.

Sure, those with more talent than me, and the inclination can certainly tart up a 1/700 submarine

But the Harushio model is about half the size as seen in my pic, its just too wee for me.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Maverick

IPMS Deutschland have a review of the Hobby Boss S-37 Berkut in 72nd Scale

http://ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hobby_Boss/HB_S-37_Berkut/HB_Suchoi_S-37.html

Regards,

Mav

B777LR

Quote from: Maverick on October 28, 2009, 05:26:41 PM
IPMS Deutschland have a review of the Hobby Boss S-37 Berkut in 72nd Scale

http://ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hobby_Boss/HB_S-37_Berkut/HB_Suchoi_S-37.html

Regards,

Mav

Rebox of the Italeri kit. Which is probably a rebox of the Italeri or Zvezda kit.

ChernayaAkula

^ No, it's not a rebox. It's a different kit. Some people reckon that the Hobby Boss kit was "inspired" by the Zvezda kit (or it's Italeri or Revell re-boxes), though. THIS IN-BOX REVIEW on modellversium.de of the Hobby Boss also compares it to the Zvezda kit and concludes that it's slightly ahead of the Zvezda kit.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

IanH

I wonder if there's a 1/48th version in the offing?

Captain Canada

I would have thought that being the third (?) release of an obscure a/c that maybe they would have thrown something a little different in there....like a weapons bay !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

IanH

I believe that the weapons bay would have been low priority, getting the prototype flying was high on the list...

Green Dragon

Cybermodeler has an in-box review of the 1/48th F-111A kit. http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/hb/kit_hb_80348.shtml

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

ysi_maniac

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 14, 2009, 10:19:05 PM
And the 1/72 Rafale C now has a box-top artwork and a decal sheet preview. Can't be much longer now, can it? The anticipation is killin' me!
seen in www.hlj.com
Will die without understanding this world.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ChernayaAkula

^ Yeah, and a CV90-40! Sadly, nothing's been heard of Academy's CV90 so far. With ModelShipwrights showing an up-armoured CV90, I wonder whether Hobby Boss will release both? Given their track record of releasing several kits with modifications of the same subject, that thought is not too outlandish.
And it will be very interesting to see how they tackle the slat armour on the Canadian Leo II. With the slat armour, a dozer blade off a Chally and the remote weapons station by AFV Club, some cool whifs could be possible.  :party:

Regarding the 1/72 Rafale C, I've got a couple on the way. Should be here any day now. Will post an in-box review ASAP. For a teaser, see the instructions >>HERE<< on 1999.co.jp. It looks like Hobby Boss listened to the modellers/did the research and incuded the chaff and flare dispensers after all.  :cheers:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Jeffry Fontaine

Looks like the best price for the F-111 is going to be from HobbyEasy.  Hopefully this will force the greedy distributors to re-think their current pricing concepts.  In the interim the price from HobbyEasy appears to be the best option. 

Cybermodeler just posted an in-box kit review of the HobbyBoss 1/48th scale Panavia Tornado today that shows all of the kit contents.

(image source: cybermodeler.com/Fotios Rouch)
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Geoff

OOOHHH a CV-90 from HB!!!!!!
I did ask my LHS about the Academy one, but the cataloge just says "future release".

ChernayaAkula

Courtesy of Matt's Rumourmonger Service(R) on ARC (pics from >>THIS THREAD<< on Sonicmodel (which never seems to work for me  :banghead:)):

Cheers,
Moritz

beowulf

link dosnt work for me either...............but i can see a few interesting items on those pics  :o
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder