Hobby Boss Kits

Started by Radish, September 10, 2006, 09:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

What a delightful idea!!
It'll need to be "post-Telford" though. Too much happening before.
But ready for the Bolton Show? :wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on September 29, 2008, 03:14:59 AM
Quote from: Weaver on September 29, 2008, 02:25:19 AM
How about aggressors painted as RAF Sabres, which (I think) had black undersides?

Erm, no.... The RAFG/2TAF aircraft had PRU Blue undersides, the home based ones had painted aluminium undersides, but just to confuse things, sometimes airframes were swapped between RAFG & Home squadrons so either could be seen in a line-up.

Ian
(Part time RAF Sabre-Pedant)

Fair enough - cheers!

Weaver
(No kind of RAF Sabre-Pedant)  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I just sent this to Terry.......

Cannot believe thatI can get so 'turned-on' by such an idea. Got a 'thing' for an overall painted aluminium Peoples Volunteer Defence Force (former Royal Auxilliary Air Force) MiG 17F (think that's the one without the radar lip). Huge squadron bars each side of the roundel, sure that Xtradecal do some for a Meatbox that would fit.

Or

Some as yet to be decided Sth American (Democratic Peoples (banana)) Republic in a three-tone wraparound, maybe Haiti, that's an island, isn't it..... RLM 65/PRU Blue & tan..... Mmmmmmm :wub: Maybe with red or yellow 'don't shoot at me' bands - well it's fairly close to Cuba isn't it !

Or

Nationalist Croatia - I've got some of those red/white checkered fin markings from a late war Bf109 sheet. Would look nice with a large two-digit side number and a simple green/grey or green/tan camouflage and NMF undersides.

Can't wait !

Ian the Fresco-Planner

(Hey Fresco-Planner, I'm certain there's a Vatican reference in there if you look hard enuff - when I'm airbrushing it, I could say I'm working on a Fresco like Micaelangelo...... no....... I'l be getting my coat again....... sorry to disturb you)

I think I need help :blink:

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

However, you realise Ian, that if you adopt the title Fresco Painter, that gives us the right to post "BUT WHEN WILL YOU BE FINISHED BUONAROTTI?????" on your build threads in our best Rex Harrison voice......  :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ian the Kiwi Herder

;D - OK can't top that !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on September 29, 2008, 07:07:56 AM
Ian the Fresco-Planner

(Hey Fresco-Planner, I'm certain there's a Vatican reference in there if you look hard enuff - when I'm airbrushing it, I could say I'm working on a Fresco like Micaelangelo...... no....... I'l be getting my coat again....... sorry to disturb you)[/i]

I think I need help :blink:

Ian

Now that would be interesting a Mig 17 painted al-fresco (in the garden)   :rolleyes: One problem with a fresco, Fresco is that the egg would fry in a high spped run  :banghead:

Looking forward to the 1/72 Mig 15 myself - I have a plan  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GTX

May I suggest here for some possible inspiration.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Jeffry Fontaine

Modelversium.de has a review of the new Hobby Boss M706 Armored Car available for you to check out at your leisure.  The price appears to be reasonable and the kit is a major improvement over the POS resin kit that Verlinden produced.  I can say this because I have several of the Verlinden kits in protective custody. 

PMMS also has a good review of the HobbyBoss M706 Armored Car kit available.  Plenty of images and comments. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

puddingwrestler

Hey, it's that crazy amphibious tractor I just found out about! The APC of choice of San Torta! Depending on price I may have to get one (or two - San Torta needs an MBT as well!)
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

RotorheadTX

The same versions of V-100/150/200 have also been promised in 1/72nd scale, in case you didn't know.
I'm super fired-up about those!!

Scooterman

Jeffry Fontaine

Modelversium.de has a review of the new Land-Wasser-Schlepper (LWS) from HobbyBoss (Kit # 82430) available for you to check out at your leisure.  Must say that this kit is quite impressive from the images provided in the review.  I remember when the Peddinghaus vacuform kit of the LWS was the only thing available for those that wanted to build something esoteric.  This kit is certainly a welcome step up from that old vacuform kit.  No pricing information provided in the review and I hope that HobbyBoss is no where near as greedy as Bronco is with their close to $100.00 price tag. 

I had suspicions that the HobbyBoss and Bronco kits might have been from the same mold but Terry Ashley on PMMS has an image of both hulls for comparison and that pretty much takes care of that argument in one fell swoop.  Here is a link to the Land-Wasser-Schlepper (LWS) kit comparison (between Bronco kit #CB-35015 and Hobby Boss Kit No. 82430)

PMMS Bronco LWS kit review

PMMS HobbyBoss LWS kit review

From the looks of the hulls, it would be interesting to see what it would look like with the suspension components and track from an American or British armored vehicle.  Maybe fit it with the suspension and tracks from a Centurion or a Sherman to give it a new lease on life.  I rather prefer the longer hull of the Bronco kit over the HobbyBoss kit since it provides a more pronounced bow shape with that slight uplift but that is just me and my personal quirks talking.  That boat shape hull certainly begs for a good WHIF treatment. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Jeffry Fontaine

Daryl J.

Having wanted a decent 1/48 MiG-17 for years, one get released right at the time where I have to withdraw from buying due to finances........

I'm glad it's finally out, though, so there'll be some at swap meets in the future.   :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

Jeffry Fontaine

I was hoping to maintain continuity by adding this to an existing thread on the subject of models of modern jet aircraft produced by HobbyBoss but the only hits that surfaced in my search were related to WWII era HobbyBoss kits.  So I guess a new thread is in order for all things HobbyBoss modern aircraft models in 1/72nd scale. 

With the nice folks over at http://www.modellversium.de/ providing a nice review (albeit in Deutsch) and quite a few nice images of the kit contents including the decal sheet which provides markings for two aircraft (ROCAF and IDF).  Here is the link to the review of the HobbyBoss Kit number 80273, F-16B Fighting Falcon